Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Etream barn find project T

With a car like this, sitting for a long time, in unknown condition, before you try and spin the motor over, take the carbs off, with a long 1/2" ratchet, ( pull all the plugs first ), rotate the motor in the opposite direction it normally runs, while looking down into the blower.
Alot of times, hard shelled bugs and such will ruin a blower because it'll jam up the rotors. There are only just a few thousandths of a inch between those rotors.
I've had Junebugs cause a blower-flairup....make the pass down the 1/4, but really ding up the rotor lips....

I would, to be on the safe side, just pull the blower belt and care, fully rotate it, make sure nothing is inside there that isn't suppossed to be there, clean and wipe her out really good with a lint free cloth and alcohol. A great find and a great deal! Just be sure to check it out thoroughly!

With a car like this, sitting for a long time, in unknown condition, before you try and spin the motor over, take the carbs off, with a long 1/2" ratchet, ( pull all the plugs first ), rotate the motor in the opposite direction it normally runs, while looking down into the blower.
Alot of times, hard shelled bugs and such will ruin a blower because it'll jam up the rotors. There are only just a few thousandths of a inch between those rotors.
I've had Junebugs cause a blower-flairup....make the pass down the 1/4, but really ding up the rotor lips....

I would, to be on the safe side, just pull the blower belt and care, fully rotate it, make sure nothing is inside there that isn't suppossed to be there, clean and wipe her out really good with a lint free cloth and alcohol. A great find and a great deal! Just be sure to check it out thoroughly!
Thanks for the advise. I've pulled the plugs but haven't tried rolling it over. Gonna borrow a bora scope to look down inside before I do anything else. Will definitely pull the carbs and check the blower out. Carbs need to be gone through and cleaned up anyway.

Great find! Now you figured the picture posting out, could you explain it to me? I put pictures on Photobucket but I don't know how to link them to a post?

Guys, its real easy from photobucket. Click on the image you want to load. On the right of the image there are "Share This Photo" options. Click in the "IMG" box and it will turn yellow and say "Copied". Then all you have to do is paste (Control V) in the body of the email. That's it! See the screen capture below I made and pasted here from photobucket highlighting the box.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back