Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Extended bodies are back.

RPM

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Sponsor
We were having trouble with some of the bodies we were getting from another source. We quit selling them several months ago, from that supplier.

We now have our own mold for an extended body. It is a 10" stretch, very similar to what we were selling before. The new body will also have the passengers side door only.

The best news is we have cut out the middle man and and can pass this savings on to you. These new bodies will sell for $699.

Hi Ron, have you ever considered besides adding to the needed length of the 23 T, also adding 3" of width and 3" of height to the body too. It would be nice to be able to decide if a person wants it channeled or not, be able to use a couple bomber seats and sit down in the car. Just thinking about my next build here.

Hi Ron, have you ever considered besides adding to the needed length of the 23 T, also adding 3" of width and 3" of height to the body too. It would be nice to be able to decide if a person wants it channeled or not, be able to use a couple bomber seats and sit down in the car. Just thinking about my next build here.

You have to be careful when you bigger in every direction. It sounds good but you lose the proportions and a cute little T becomes a bit odd looking.

You have to be careful when you bigger in every direction. It sounds good but you lose the proportions and a cute little T becomes a bit odd looking.
I understand that but think you could hide 3" each way Jay without it blowing up the proportions too bad, it would mean a big difference on the inside, I think, especially for the left foot.

I have a picture of a friends that did exactly that but I couldn't load it the other day. Photobucket issues. Mine is the TP on the right. The left one was widened and stretched. It is also on the frame not channeled so it is taller as well.

IMG00029-20100927-1950.jpg

I used to be 300 # and I have road with friends bigger than me and I don't feel it needs to be any wider. If you use a top that could effect my opinion but without it you can fit pretty big people by hanging out ;) . Of course if you were planning a cross country trip it might be a pleasure but for short cruises around town it works for me. The biggest thing is length. My car is perfect for my wife but she is only 5'3". I run out of left leg room so a 5" stretch would be really nice IMO. Cowl steering would also free up the much needed foot room as another option.

Good Gawd Jay that bucket is huge. Can you remember just how much bigger it is?

lol. I think it is a bit skewed because of the angle of the photo but it is bigger. I know he did a cowl stretch, I can't remember if the body was stretched any. It was also widened I believe 3". He sold it or else I would go get some better pictures. I'll see if I can get ahold of him for some other pics or info.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back