Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

F100 360 motor for my 23???

2xcrash

I've been holding onto parts to start a 23 glass body project. I have a 72 f100 that runs great but the body is shot and I haven't been able to get rid of it. It has a built up 360 with headers and 3 " exhaust . The drive line has been great and hasn't let me down.
I was going to have a frame built for this project, will this motor trans (c6) work with a beefed up frame?This would give me everything I need to get a good start on this . Also can I use the rear end out of the truck too?

Please let me know what you think. This isn't gonna be a show t.

Hey, as long as its something you want! I've got a friend that uses a 390, so the fords are cool if your a ford man. Its a complete drive train out of a running vehicle, so thats a plus.
The FE's are good motors for these cars, like the old caddys and the olds. I like seeing diff. motors in buckets. Like seeing a smallblock mopars in them, they are unique....
The rear should work also....yes. If the rear is too wide, whick I haven't looked this up, you can get a offset to get the tires where they need to be....

So stoked to hear that. I had posted this question on the HAMB and it didn't get much positive about this combo. Maybe I didn't say that I was going switch a new frame. Do you have any pics of these motors on a t?
I was going to talk to RPM to start getting an idea on what a frame will run.

Somewere here there's a pic of my friend John's 390 T. it works. BUT, things need to be a bit different than for a standard mouse!

Got the truck sold and tripped over a 1950 caddy 331 with a hydromatic trans. Complete from fan to drive shaft. I even saw it run! Got it under a grand.
Next is getting a frame built

Different drivetrains are what make these cars interesting give it a go.

Putz hit that one on the Head! All these cars show off the personality of the owners. I like to see different things. I don't remember when, but I did see a Corvair powered T at the GatorNationals one year. I was wrenching on a car between rounds and I heard this strange noise....I looked over past the return lane, and saw this front engined Corvair bouncing down the parking lot. I dropped all my wrenches and went over to look. Guy had made a adapter plate, hooked it up to a turbo350. Had a small blower on it sitting on top of the crankcase and had 2 small carter AFB's on it.
Looked totally strange in a good sorta way....I loved it! Saw one with a CosWorth Vega motor, even seen one with a Pontiac Straight 8.
Its all cool, the only person that has to be happy with it, and THAT is you! And if you execute that efficiently, others will enjoy looking at it as well....

Last edited:
Cool sounding combos there with the caddy and the strait 8. I always like playing outside the sandbox myself, more room to play. Like when my daughter drove the jr.dragsters everyone else used the briggs and Stratton engines I used the Star 10 Tecumseh blocks. Tuff, cheaper and lots more durable. Be cool and different.

Tecumseh Star and Jr Dragsters are right up my alley. Tecumseh sponsored us for several years. We did some really unusual stuff to those motors. Do you remember the name Clements?

Hey Ron I thought that might peak your interest. I do remember clements parts. I also remember RPM with the JR. in the logo. Bought a few parts from you. Best purchase was a 44 magnum clutch assy. That thing was bullet proof and consistent. The hi dollar boys with the billet polar clutches could not believe no maintenance between every round. We won the Valvolene National championship Cup with a star 10 and that clutch setup in 2002. That Star engine was a ground pounder and a very unique sound. Sometimes you just have to do your thing. Have A Blessed Day.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back