Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Fiberglass seat insert from TP

Mallard

I just got my first T. Somone started it and did not finish. Please help me avoid some mistakes if possible. Most T's I see have a bench seat. The one I have already has a fiberglass seat insert in it. What is the best way to proceed to finishing the interior given the existing set insert ? Does the TP interior package have enough padding etc ? I was hoping for something a bit cheaper if possible unless advised differently.

Spirit also has an insert get with Thomas and he can tell you if you have a Spirit body cause you don't have a Total
body.

Mallard,
I have a spirit body which has a seat insert. I'll take a picture of it and try to post it on this forum in a little while. As soon as Fred, Rick or Mike instructs me how to do it. Or I'll post it in my gallery, that I know how to do. I'll get back with you. Right now while it's not to cold in the garage I'm going to work on my bucket.

thomas:)

Total's seat insert looks like this -

tbucket004.jpg

I definately have the Total Fiberglass seat insert in my body. Thanks for the pics. Next question: How much padding comes with the TP interior kit. Is it worth $750 ? I talked with a local auto upholstery and they reccommended two padded seat inserts (approx. $400) that would just snap onto the surface to stay in place. Any thoughts or input on this would be great.
Also what are you guys doing for seat belts. Attaching to fiberglass doesn't seam very safe ??

Mallard said:
I definately have the Total Fiberglass seat insert in my body. Thanks for the pics. Next question: How much padding comes with the TP interior kit. Is it worth $750 ? I talked with a local auto upholstery and they reccommended two padded seat inserts (approx. $400) that would just snap onto the surface to stay in place. Any thoughts or input on this would be great.
Also what are you guys doing for seat belts. Attaching to fiberglass doesn't seam very safe ??

With my body the belts are attached to the seat riser which is plywood which doesn't seam safe either but thats where they are from Total.

I sat in Thomas' seat and it is MUCH more comfortable than Total. I wish it would fit in mine.

I ordered two fiberglass seat inserts from a place in Conn. almost Two years ago. They took the money from my CC in March 2014, all I have gotten back in return is "busy at the fiberglass shop in RI., it's to cold in the shop to mold fiberglass in the shop in RI., Oh we have to pick up stuff at the shop, we'll need to take money from CC when we pick our parts, opps your parts wern't ready" , Anyone had this problem? Does anyone know the fiberglass shop in Rhode Island, that makes the seat inserts?
Jim

I ordered two fiberglass seat inserts from a place in Conn. almost Two years ago. They took the money from my CC in March 2014, all I have gotten back in return is "busy at the fiberglass shop in RI., it's to cold in the shop to mold fiberglass in the shop in RI., Oh we have to pick up stuff at the shop, we'll need to take money from CC when we pick our parts, opps your parts wern't ready" , Anyone had this problem? Does anyone know the fiberglass shop in Rhode Island, that makes the seat inserts?
Jim
You should be able to see on your credit card or bank statement who charged your card.

You should be able to see on your credit card or bank statement who charged your card.
I know who has the money, I just want my seat inserts as promised. My T was wrecked almost 40 years ago, I'm putting it back together slowly. (Last couple of years) I ordered the seats from a shop in Conn. The seats were to be made in RI somewhere. I'd like to know that shop.
Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back