Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Finally signed up

QuadBart

Brief History

The "T" has been the style car Ive been fasinated with since I was 8yo. Im 53 now and finally bought one thats streetable but needs some TLC.

Ive been a "Lurker" here for almost 3 yrs and figured its about time to sign up. LOL

The screen name comes from Racing ATVs for 30 years, so its who I am no matter what forum I sign up for.

Wife LOVES the "T" way better than the ATVs.

There, now you know just about EVERYTHING there is to know about me.

Steve Bartnicki aka QuadBart

Welcome from the great wet north.
You should know by now pics are required. It is great that the wife likes it that is a big plus.
Remember.PICTURES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:welcome: Glad your here Steve. Where do you call home?

Originally from the Cleveland Ohio area but have been transplanted in the northern part of Illinois right at the Wisc border.
Ive always enjoyed cars since I was a kid but for somehow I got involved in ATVs and ATV racing before I was able to afford any kind of car. LOL
Started out motocross racing ,that worked into supercross racing. Once the body got too old to keep up that pace, I got into dirt drag racing and sand drag racing.
The sand drag racing eventually turned into 1/4 mile asphalt drag racing. .
If you understand anything about aerodynamics, you should be able to understand how difficult it can be to make an ATV go fast in a 1/4 mile.
A Modified ATV just cant go fast enough to make it worth while racing in a 1/4 mile. It's like trying to make a brick fly.
So I started building ATVs with street bike engines in them.<BR><BR>Started out with a Suzuki GSXR 600. It was not the answer.
Next build was a GSXR 750 motor on spray. (50 shot). It was better but still could only get into the low 11's consistantly.
The bike I finally built and drove for 4-5 years was a Yamaha Raptor based ATV with a turbocharged GSXR 1000 motor.
On 10 lbs of boost ,It made 218 HP to the rear wheels and consistant ran 9.9xx's @132 mph. I enjoyed that bike VERY much.
Then last winter I realized 53 years and a stroke have gone by and I STILL havent driven a T Bucket,
I sold a few toys, parked the ones I plan on keeping, and went out and bought a "Project" car that was streetable but needs some work.
I'll post some pics of the car in the appropiate section.

Thanks for the welcome.

Steve

Welcome........ "Lurker". Hahahha

Welcome to the forum Steve, I'm also in Northern Illinois but south of you near O'Hare airport.

Welcome Bart :tip:pics are always appropriate in an intro. :kiltdance:

Welcome to the forum Steve, I'm also in Northern Illinois but south of you near O'Hare airport.

Awesome, I was just near O'Hare today.
I was at the Raddison attending a seminar for work
We'll have to get together some weekend before the summer ends.

Awesome, I was just near O'Hare today.
I was at the Raddison attending a seminar for work
We'll have to get together some weekend before the summer ends.

I'd like that, what town do you live in, I'm in Itasca.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back