Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

finished

An 88" inch wheelbase car with a healthy dose of horse power is going to keep you on your toes! I would suggest another 10" at least.

Ron

Youngster said:
An 88" inch wheelbase car with a healthy dose of horse power is going to keep you on your toes! I would suggest another 10" at least.

Ron

butch27 said:
Same here.Too short Too jumpy. Go 10" more.

Thanks for the advice guys, perhaps I'd better have a rethink, sorry for taking the thread off topic.

Center of the front wheel to the center of the rear wheel is the wheelbase.

PeteT said:
That's a neat looking motor...

Just wondered what's the wheelbase and does stay straight when you nail it. Got plans for a short wheelbase but getting nervious about it now after reading up a bit. Thanks Pete
checked wheelbase and its about 94 inches

dustytrails said:
checked wheelbase and its about 94 inches

Yes it does look short and cool in the photo. I would like one this short but I'm not sure it I want to change my underwear every time I go out lol

My second T was a 91" wheelbase with a hot little 153 cu.in. ChevyII 4cyl. ( thanks to Merc ) and a '39 spd., with a '40, 4:11 gear. The car weighed in at just over 1900#. The first time I dropped the hammer on the county road out in front of the house I had the strongest urge to release body fluids right then and there. Took the 5.50x16's off and put some 7.50x15's on that day. She would still smoke 'em but at least she was headed straight down the road.

Ron

I've never driven a T, but my last Mustang would get sideways pretty easy. One time I got it sideways on the highway somewhere around 120mph, I'm supprised I didn't S*** myself. That car used to break the rears loose in 4th at 75mph when I floored it. I know I would not want a T to do that so easily. Needless to say, I learned real quick how NOT to drive that car.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back