Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

First job for lathe

Gerry

First job for the new toy was to finish up the caps for my rear suspension pivot bolts. Lathe worked like a dream and cut the SS using a HSS tool like butter. I am surprised how quiet and powerful it is on single phase. Now whats next
capforbottomarmbolt1.jpg
capforbottomarmbolt2.jpg
capforbottomarmbolt3.jpg

capforbottomarmbolt4.jpg

The bolts will disappear when I weld them into the caps and refinish the flat.

Gerry

Gerry,
I'm sorry to hear that you got the lathe, as from personal experience I can tell you that your wife will now need to find another source of entertainment. You will be spending ALL you time in the cold garage. Let's just hope that she does not substitute shopping for your company. It's amazing how many hours you can spend on a lathe, everything starts to look "round" to you...
Corley

Allen
I will cut the heads off the bolts. Then wind the screwed part in just below the surface. Then fill the void with weld and refinish the surface back to a ploish. This way i get a thread to screw in to the bolts without having to try and thread cut them in a recess. Hope that explains what I meant

Corley.
Wife shops now so no change there. Round Round get a Round... I ll get a round
Gerry

The only thing better than having your own lathe is having 150 customers that all have them and like you well enough to let you use them anytime and will also let you use their material and tooling because your just a great guy. Also i keep all their other machines running may have something to do with it .

Gerry, I always look forward to your posts, you are an inspiration, thank you for showing us all the little things that sets your project apart from the rest

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back