Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

FNG from Canada

22rdstrguy

Stumbled on to this site a couple of times and now joined, been mostly on the the JJ sites, but always looking for more tech info and checking out whats in peoples driveways.
Got a 1922 Dodge touring (front half) that I want to get back into kind of got side tracked with my bike and a few other (friends) projects,will try and get pics up of all my parts soon
By the way your place looks nice ,I like what you've done with it, mind if I have a seat and stay a while? Why yes,I would like a beer!

By all means.....please pull up a stump.
no worries, no FNG's here, just bucket heads

feel free to ask questions, answer questions if ya can, and enjoy your new brothers.:cool:

:D

Vance

Welcome to the site! As Vance said, there's no FNG here. Once you sign up, your one of the family and we're glad to have you.

Now down to business. Tell me about that car in your avatar. Do you know where it is? Do you know anything about it? I have some info on it from back when it was new to the streets around '69 or'70.

Ron

Welcome :D

Oh, it got cold in here! Must be another member from the frozen north!:D Glad to have ya around, man! Make yourself at home!:lol:

:D No FNG's here just the lost souls who have a need to build little cars that go FAST !!!!!!!! :lol:

Thanks to you all for the welcome.Looks to be a great site, I'll be asking questions soon as I start my project, it won't be happening to soon as I busted my right shoulder 3 weeks ago and have 3-4 more weeks to go + 2-3 weeks of physio. So I'll at least I'll have some time to put some pics up of my junk(the car,not mine!:eek:)

[quote from Youngster] Now down to business. Tell me about that car in your avatar. Do you know where it is? Do you know anything about it? I have some info on it from back when it was new to the streets around '69 or'70.
Ron

Ron ,I talked to Mike last fall and he said it's still around (Ron do you own it now?),but he hasn't seen it in a while as he moved , he sent me some personal pics of it + 1 during the build and some of his other cars. Mike's '26 is the reason that a 14 yr. old boy wanted a (that) roadster in '75 and still does 33 yrs. later.

Ron, you must be a member of the M.S.R.A. Did you work on Mike's T? I have a few magazine articles on it from the Early and mid '70s but I would love to get some more info from you and more pics if possible during the build as Mike said he didn't take many pics back then.

Thanks again to all of you, Kim

ps. anyone know where a set of front doors for a '22 Dodge touring are?

Kim... between your post here and the PM you;ve got as much info as I do. Yup, I'm a member of the MSRA. Have been since '71. My number is 298.

I didn't see Mike's T during the build, but I remember the stir it caused when he put it on the street. I too was mesmerized by it. As a mater of fact, that car was the inpiration for The first '27 project in my gallery. No, I don't own it, but would give a lot to see it again. Some other cars of note aound that time were Paul Lark's hemi T with black paint and flames and Chuck DuPaul's yellow '23 with a 310 Buick.

When MSRA built the C-cab T for the give-a-way at the nats, Mike is the one who built the chasssi. I was there for that but I doubt if Mike remembers me. I was the green new kid back then. I sure learned alot from that project.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back