Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Forum first-timer

kitsan

Have been trying to get posted here for months. Maybe the bugs are worked out and this will succeed. Kitsan. ALRIGHT, this is working.........much better. Thanks, webmaster; clearing my IE temp files seems to have worked. Now, down to basics. I've picked up a rolling '23 T project, abandoned by others. Bought a SBC w/th400 out of a roll-over, got them and the driveline in place. Rebuilt all brakes; '60 something GM rear end with drums, front disks fabricated outta some '72 AMC Matador calipers, spindles. A little bulky for a T, but low budget is a goal. Standard fab'd frame, fairly vanilla transverse leaf springs fore and aft, different sorta radius rods (not the "4-bar), good wheels 'n tires. Came with some sorta German vertical steering column mounted to frame, but is really in the way while seated, so I want to go another way with this; perhaps a salvage-yard tilt setup with rack 'n pinion steering. That sound like something that would work in a 'T ?? Hey, I'm brand new at this forum thing, so y'all keep me on the right track. Am looking forward to gettin' alot of questions answered, and this looks to be the best place on the web to get-er-done!! Pics later when I figger out how to post 'em. Kit.

Well.......finally...I'm able to get aboard without those pesky error messages about expired tokens. I'm a 68 year old adolescent just starting my first forum, AND first rod build, an abandoned rolling bucket project. Soon as I figger out how, I'll add some pics. My main concern at this point is the f/glass body that came with it. It's been notched up and chopped into so badly that I feel that maybe starting over would be smarter. The second riddler is the steering. It has some sorta German made column/box bolted to the frame, but it sits almost straight up (model-T style, I'm sure) in front of the driver, and there's precious little leg room. Thinking along the lines of a salvage-yard tilting unit, and going with rack/pinion steering. Hey, didn't mean to go off onna rant here, and am looking forward to some input from y'all who have been there, dun that ! Kitsan

Welcome to the site and please post pix's of your ride.

Kitsan...

How exciting times are for you! New rod in the works and figuring out all this dang fangled computer stuff... way to get after it!

So first off...

:rock:

while many people think the original T's had the column straight up and down, that is not the case... that look was made popular with the Fad-T as it's known... 60's-70's thing mostly. My T is of that era originally but I kept the steering but you are correct, it will eat up floor space. I'd try and figure out how to post some photos so we can get a better visual of what you've got going on... and BTW, it was also common back in the day to use VW MicroBus steering boxes.. (again, I have one) and they function just fine.

If trying to post pictures gets to be to must of a pain in the A$$ for ya, you can email them to me at lumenal@comcast.net and I'll post them for ya till ya get your head wrapped around all this technology. :smashpc:

Welcome to the forum kitsan, this place is a wealth of information and knowledge. See if you can get someone to show you how to post pictures, it's not really difficult once you see how it's done. Pictures make it much easier to describe the problem you're trying to workout.

Could the box look something like this? If so it is from an early VW bus.
They can be moved to different angles by loosening the two clamp bolts. I'm not big on the rack idea, hard to make it clean looking.
Randall

Tbucit002-1.jpg

SreeringBox1.jpg

Welcome kitsan!

Tbucit, that is a neat looking set up. Might have to look for one.

kitsan, I'm glad to see your posts. You had me scratching my head for while. ;)

I'm sorta glad to see some posts also.....seemed to have been a long time in coming. Thought perhaps I'd done a bad thing or something. Thanks to all those members for the welcome. Tried a reply the other day, and I'm back to that "expired token" BS again. Lets try this.....

OK........for all of you wanting me to post some pics, I fumbled around long enough and apparently have actually placed some entries in the Pic-Gallery(.......search word is never...).It's a start, although not a very good one. When the front axle gets back from the machinist (king pin holes getting bushings), I'll add a few more. kitsan

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back