Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Four wheel disc question

dodgewade

Since this is probably a much desired swap for a lot of street rods, not just "T"s. Is power brakes a must? I built a winch several years ago that I used a disc brake set up on and it was very hard to pull and hold a load. Could be I didn't have the greatest ratio either, but I remember it being very hard to operate.

Regardless, anyone care to share some info on this?

Thenks.

I've got discs all around with a Mustang master cylinder (not boosted), and I can lock up my brakes at will. Don't think power brakes on a T are needed at all.

I have got 4 wheel discs also with no power assist. These cars are so lite and brakes are so big, no power assist is really needed.

Agreed...rear discs are even debatable at the kind of weight we're talking about.

Four wheel disc here also. When i bought the car it had some kind of leaky "'50's British full size car" master cylinder. I replaced it with a Wilwood master cylinder with no power booster and it stops great with very little pedal pressure.

Four wheel disc here also. When i bought the car it had some kind of leaky "'50's British full size car" master cylinder. I replaced it with a Wilwood master cylinder with no power booster and it stops great with very little pedal pressure.

Looks like no booster needed.

Thanks

while we're talking about 4 wheel discs brake I want to know what size discs do you guys run in the front? I'm in the planning stage and was looking at the Speedway kit that has the spindles, king pins, bearings, calipers, rotors and all brackets and hardware. They have a kit with chevy spindles and 10 1/4" rotors or a kit for ford spindles with 11 1/2" rotors which would be best for a "T"?

Usually with the small tire size on the front of a T Bucket, and the light weight on the front, any size will lock up the tires, that is all that is ever needed, so buy what looks best and fits your pocket book... If you really want to know just how small most disk brakes are, compared to a drum setup.. measure from the center of the hub, to the center of the brake pad surface, double this measurement will give you the size of a drum for that rotor size... say it's 4 1/2" that equals a 9" drum brake... more than needed for any T...:)

I don't have any parts accumulated yet, Also let me correct myself the speedway kits are 9 1/4" for chevy axle/spindles and 11" for ford axle/spindles available with either bolt pattern (4 1/2 or 4 3/4)

I don't have any parts accumulated yet, Also let me correct myself the speedway kits are 9 1/4" for chevy axle/spindles and 11" for ford axle/spindles available with either bolt pattern (4 1/2 or 4 3/4)
i have that kit and tried to do a power brake burn out and i t slid my front tires. you if you run chevy spindles with with weld pro stars they will have to machine the back side of the rotors for the studs to line up speedway fixed this for me.if you dont have the long shank lug nuts you will be ok

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back