Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Pet Peeve

T-Test

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
n. Stay on topic in each forum (Actually, we all wander off topic a little from time to time - but at the end of the day, these forums are meant for discussing T-Buckets). If you want to post on topics other than this , then please do so in The Lounge.

I have this thing about people who want to build or repair a car or truck and say they have the knowledge and equipment to do it. The first question they ask is usually about something they want to know about--what is this part or is it from some specific vehicle? Example--front spindles. Or how to build traditionally, or build your own body with fiberglass. They should already know that answer if they know what they say they know.. If not, they are lying about their knowledge.

If they know about cars and trucks and want to know that answer, I for the love of God don't understand why the will not put in the due diligence of READING the Forum's pages and threads and other Forums or catalogs instead of asking the members right to start with. The information is already there. EVERYWHERE!!! Worth having---worth working for.

Building a car is not easy for someone who has NEVER done it before!! You have to know about brakes--steering--electrical--welding/fabrication--engineering--geometry and the knowledge to put it all together so it will be SAFE!! And a lot more. Most people that start big projects like this give up for lack of money or the will to put in the hard work after getting the correct information. Knowledge is power and to be able to RETAIN it, you have to be able to read it to understand it or you will forget it. To all who persevere, I applaud them and know the satisfaction they have when they drive the car/truck they built, I know I do. Some for 15 years or more!! Life can get in the way!! But I have been a ASE certified master mechanic for 40 years and built 35 T-Buckets and have only titled 2 as the rest were sold before completion as they had more money than sense. I even had one that was all stainless steel like another I know of. Mine was in 1986.

The older I get, the grumpier I get. I love helping anyone do anything within my means but they must first show me that they need or want the help and not leave me to finish it for them. I'll be your friend forever if you would just help yourself first and when you run into a problem, then ask me and I will share my wealth. I no longer can do as I use to physically, but I am not dead yet either.

To those who think as I do and are afraid to say it so as not to hurt feelings or make them leave this Forum, I"ll speak for you. And for those who don;t agree, think before you ask, am I a builder or a freeloader . Learn first Think first. Do first. I have yet to lead someone down the wrong path or a rabbit hole they couldn't get out of for there has always been a solution or a repair that could be done.

Maybe I'm having a bad day or some might think I'm off my meds, which I take none, just all supplements, as I read these Forums multiple times a day and wonder if any of what I say will ever be understood or appreciated. I know every day I wake up I have had a good day. Then I have coffee and breakfast, it's a better day. then when I get supper(country version) it has been a great day and all that transpired during that day is just icing so sweet. Every day is like that to me.

Now old ,ugly, grumpy me will sign off and hope this is not deleted and hope all will read it and THINK.

That is why I said read and learn. If I have a question, I find the answer without asking. That's just me, though. But in T-Bucket building, how hard is it unless you want to change things that you know nothing about and it may have never been done before. I certainly don't know it all but most everything I need. I have never failed at or quit anything that I started. Even my divorces were not initiated by me.

Why change a proven design that works and is safe?

Believe me in my line of work we do plenty of reading :) We also learn by asking. Safety is a main aspect of my work as well. Design changes are part of the business as well. That's why we run calculations

Well if that the facts of it I guess some of us may as well log off , use the search function and not create new posts ;) peace out

Believe me in my line of work we do plenty of reading :) We also learn by asking. Safety is a main aspect of my work as well. Design changes are part of the business as well. That's why we run calculations

Well if that the facts of it I guess some of us may as well log off , use the search function and not create new posts ;) peace out

I am not trying to run you away from this Forum. My point being that this is a recurring thing that irritates me and maybe not others. I will be glad to help you in any way as long as you try to help yourself first by trying to get the info yourself.

If I get banned from here because I speak my mind and do not harass anyone, then that's on me. Thick skin for hotrodders is a must. Or a loner like me. I've picked my poison.

I had an old boss that used to say, “Pet Peeves are like Butt Holes, If I’m hearing about a Pet Peeve it’s from a Butt Hole” LOL sorry it just reminded me... anyways if your having a problem with someone click on their name and click ignore... problem solved...

I had an old boss that used to say, “Pet Peeves are like Butt Holes, If I’m hearing about a Pet Peeve it’s from a Butt Hole” LOL sorry it just reminded me... anyways if your having a problem with someone click on their name and click ignore... problem solved...
Your old boss was wise. Except he could have gotten an answer faster if he would have not ignored a person and listened to what someone may have said . If you block them then he may never get any help again. Who knows? I've always been a butt hole. And I have thick shin and would argue with a stop sign if it was turned around backwards.

I will testify to that last statement Bruce....I have been knowing you for a long time maybe too long, no never ....

G'Day T-Test,
Something I've noticed from reading this Site is the use of proportioning valves in the FRONT brake circuit. Is this because of the Big N Little wheel combos? Only ever seen them used in the REAR circuit before.
Regards,

Your old boss was wise. Except he could have gotten an answer faster if he would have not ignored a person and listened to what someone may have said . If you block them then he may never get any help again. Who knows? I've always been a butt hole. And I have thick shin and would argue with a stop sign if it was turned around backwards.

My Old Boss didn’t say to ignore them... That was me... My Old Boss would say, “Now get your butt back to work!” The reason I Say to use ignore is if they are rubbing you the wrong way then ignore them, they aren’t going to listen to anything from that person anyways.

I started without one for my brake system, but found that my rears (drums) would lock up first, so I added the APV to reduce pressure to the rear circuit. Works fine.

Frame & rearend.jpgFront view2b.jpg

Last edited:
G'Day T-Test,
Something I've noticed from reading this Site is the use of proportioning valves in the FRONT brake circuit. Is this because of the Big N Little wheel combos? Only ever seen them used in the REAR circuit before.
Regards,

Others have answered your question. But in my opinion it all depends on what brakes you use front and back. Drum and drum or drum and disc or disc and disc.And rember all original brake systems for other cars/trucks on a T-Bucket are way too big as they don't weigh as much as the original car/truck. And all disc brakes are not the same in the after market brands such as Air Heart.

Fat Pat was the brake man and if you can all look up some of his posts on this Forum or others, it will all be clear on how to set up the brakes on a T-Bucket and other cars. I think he sold his Bucket and I haven't seen or heard from him in a while.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back