Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Frame strength

If it won't hook, it won't matter.... It will just eat tires. I've built a couple "street" cars like that. They were intimidating and fun, but tires and clutches proved to be the weak links.

Very true, Andy Fadster is running a traditional style rear suspension. Last time I talked to him he was running something like a 315-60/15 drag radials. He's running in the low8's to upper 7's. He seems to hook ok. Sorry everyone I didn't mean to start anything on here.

Very true, Andy Fadster is running a traditional style rear suspension. Last time I talked to him he was running something like a 315-60/15 drag radials. He's running in the low8's to upper 7's. He seems to hook ok. Sorry everyone I didn't mean to start anything on here.

No issue at all. Everyone just has their own opinions. I have many customers with high horsepower cars that run traditional style rear suspensions with no issue.

The beauty of a 4 link is the adjustability, you can adjust it for more "bite" and if you don't like leaving the line wheels up, in 5 minutes you have it so your wheels spin, great for the track.

Twisted I'm new here, and don't think you started anything here at all, you've asked some good questions. With the hp you are talking I would do the drag style 4 link/coil over set up. I'm building a dedicated drag bucket and gonna build my frame from .125 wall thickness 2X3 tubing, buckets are light but i want lighter, lol. My 496 bbc makes 700 on motor. With proper design and equipment anything can be made to work. Do your research, buy good parts and have a blast!!!

Reactions: RPM

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back