Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Front 4-bar ends.

I can attest to eurothane bushings being stiff and noisy, they do work well to stiffen a soft suspension, like sway bar bushings, etc, but they are loud and transfer vibration, noise, from my experience in street cars. I can appreciate trying to get the best ride and handling quality, but I would be very concerned with using quality connectors that will not allow any slop, sloppy joints can lead to unstable and poor handling, which is in my opinion, much worse than some harshness, if that's a word.

You said the magic word. QUALITY! Spherical rodend bearings come in all sizes, configurations and quality. Call the manufacturer and talk to someone in engineering and ask for their opinion. That's what they do for a living and they have already addressed these issues thousands of time to other car builders.

George

A little more research last night lead to these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hal-xmr8-10/overview/

I guess the remaining question in my mind is if there is an advantage for the Teflon/Kevlar races over the nylon races. If not I'll probably go with the Midwest units, simply as a matter of price advantage.

The Summit joints referenced above do have a higher load rating and also cost twice as much as the Midwest nylon race joints. It's your choice; but, I doubt that you could ever exceed the load on the nylon bearings without destroying your car. From a drivability and service life standpoint you will notice no difference.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back