Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

FRONT LICENCES PLATE MOUNT

CARS34PHORD

My way to put the front plate on my T-bucket project. drill tap axle to hold the plate an frame also start of the bed cover. Using tan hartz canvas top material. to match the top IHPIM3856.JPGHPIM3856.JPGHPIM3857.JPGHPIM3860.JPG m building

My front plate is under my seat. Keeping it clean just in case I need it.

When I moved from Ohio to Florida, not having to run a front plate was about as great as the improvement in the weather.

Jim

My front plate is hanging on the wall in the garage. Occasionally a nice policeman will follow me home, but none have asked to come in and see it yet.

My front plate is hanging on the wall in the garage. Occasionally a nice policeman will follow me home, but none have asked to come in and see it yet.

In Ohio, at least the Youngstown area, no front plate was a cause for state and local cops to hassle you and give you a ticket for "revenue enhancement". They also used the front plate, which was highly reflective, to trigger their laser guns at a greater distance. Like I say, Ohio is a great place to be from as in far,far from! IMHO

Jim

I had a Corvette 7 years before the T Bucket and have now had the bucket for 4 years and no one has ever said anything to me. Just lucky I guess.

Here's an odd one: in MN ordinary cars must run front plate. But if you get a "street rod" plate no front plate is required or even issued. And the street rod plate ($100) never needs to be renewed. And there is no inspection here, so I'm done with the state for good. I like that.

I zip tied mine to the screen on the radiator.

10%20jun%202012%20010.JPG_595.jpg

I haven't really looked at a better way to do it...lol

CCR used to sell a pretty nice holder/mount that bolted to the front perch. I'm going to guess that they still do.

That round front axle would be an ideal place for U-bolts or some kind of hose clamp attachment. I like the zip ties on the radiator, if cooling stays par.

Sorry , but that is a bad way to attach it, The plate will pivot at the bolts because there is not enough surface touching the plate. You can still mount it there , just get some 1/8 x 1 " flat strap , drill plate holes , bolt plate to axle and throw some stich welds to the axle , and then the plate will have the support it needs when it flex's.

I used the same as Francis, works great !

well guys 80 mph and the front plate has not moved . I think if it was straight up yes wind would affect it. Its back at a 45 degree angle.

I use the speedway 925-39901 for 1.75 axle or 925-39902 for 2.00 axle
I also used the Speedway (2"), but it wouldn't go over the axle without scratching the paint. I milled a slightly larger diameter circle into both brackets, then lined them with thin sheet rubber. The less expensive "unpolished" brackets are actually polished pretty well, and I didn't find it necessary to do anything else. This was much quicker and easier than making them from scratch.

Jack

p817507644-3.jpg

I have used two addel clamps, similar to one bolt pipe clamps, just get the right i.d. for your axle. Use the single bolt hole to attach your plate and call it DONE!!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back