Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Front Spring Setup

PaulR

Does anybody have a close up picture of their front spring with the front shock (not a friction shock) mounted to it? I'm trying to figure out the best way to get the shock munted to the spring. Thanks

Paul

What kind of axle? I'll check my pics.

PaulR said:
Does anybody have a close up picture of their front spring with the front shock (not a friction shock) mounted to it? I'm trying to figure out the best way to get the shock munted to the spring. Thanks

Paul

It is the dropped axle. Thanks

Paul

I've seen quite a few ways of mounting front shocks off the axle. The best looking ones used an "I" beam axle and the setup looked similar to the ones seen on a lot of Model A's and '32s. I'm at work, but I'll see what I can find on the net.

If your using a Tube axle, TP has a setup that was mentioned earlier. There are so many ways to do it, that if you put your mind to it, you should be able to come up with something that works for you. The main thing would be to make sure the shocks are at an angle that will benefit the ride you're looking for.

You get to be inventive with this stuff, if you sit and look at it long enough.:rofl:

Tbucit said:
I used a MGB rear shock on the front of my T. Just something a little bit different.Randall

That's great! For future reference, what year are those MGB shocks?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back