Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Fuel tank for Fad

Dont get too excited, fireup is a way off yet. Got to do the wiring and all the small stuff. Engine came run up and dyno'd so it has been broken in (Thanks to GM). Injection has been mapped to the engine and car so it should be a turn-key thing (Yeh right). I do have the mapping software so I can connect to the ECU via a laptop and adjust from there if I need to.

Ted Got no standard headers so it will probably have to be with the ones it has. I will be keeping an eye on them so I dont wreck them. Not too bothered about blueing as it says I am a working T not a show car.
G

Gerry, I worry more about blisters more than Bluing, like we say, the Blue let's them know it is HOT and She drives...
foottap.gif

Ted
They are all stainless steel so what blisters do you mean. Unless you mean blisters that appear when it gets well beyond red hot. Need to know cause I dont want to go fire it up and then be all pissed off.
Gerry

Yes you already know, just too hot, but I know you will not let it get to that point, but someone else might, if you get my drift... More folks then just us here and they are not quite as up to some of the evils that can happen as us OLDER Turkeys... hehe
an.gif

Have you ever had a guy with polyester pants melt a hole in his pants while he washes your windshield? (remember when they did that and wore those?)
Easy-off oven cleaner works good! Haven't thought about that in years! Thanks for the memories!

Have you ever had a guy with polyester pants melt a hole in his pants while he washes your windshield? (remember when they did that and wore those?)
Easy-off oven cleaner works good! Haven't thought about that in years! Thanks for the memories!

Thats a good tip for cleaning off those burnt jacket patches from the headers, I have seen a lot of those and guys tried all the wrong stuff, and really made it worse looking. :)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back