Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Galveston, Texas T Party!

THE WAY I TAKE IT IS THAT SEPT 19-20-21 IS THE DATE FOR GALVESTON sorry for caps. is there anyone who lives at or near galveston that would go there on the seawall and get one hotel or motel for headguarters and see if they will give 5-25 people discounts. were not asking for you to do everything for the weekend just to try and get all the bucketeers an affordable room that will face the beach and we can be kinda together and not be spread down the whole beach. use ur own judgement and everyone can decide for themselves and make there own reservations. WOULD SOMEONE DO THIS ????

MDANIELSON55 said:
THE WAY I TAKE IT IS THAT SEPT 19-20-21 IS THE DATE FOR GALVESTON sorry for caps. is there anyone who lives at or near galveston that would go there on the seawall and get one hotel or motel for headguarters and see if they will give 5-25 people discounts. were not asking for you to do everything for the weekend just to try and get all the bucketeers an affordable room that will face the beach and we can be kinda together and not be spread down the whole beach. use ur own judgement and everyone can decide for themselves and make there own reservations. WOULD SOMEONE DO THIS ????

I can check into it. I think I'm the closest.

blownt said:
just go to hotels.com or orbitz.com and pull up Galveston hotels and call and see what kind of rates you can get for multiple guests. Lots of luck on a weekend. You MIGHT get a $5 discount if your lucky.

Here are alot of Galveston webcams:

GALVESTON.COM: Galveston, Texas Webcams

Yea, it won't be much, but it's worth a shot. I think you'd need about 1,500 Shriners to get a break in Galveston.:)

TubT said:
Any success? I've been holding off making reservations.

None so far. As Blown T commented, without staying longer than a weekend and not having a confirmed number, I couldn't find any discounts. The weather in galveston that time of year is great. That surely has something to do with it too. I didn't go down there, I called, but I don't think the results would have changed.

I'm looking forward to this and will be booking my room soon. My neighbor has stayed at the Commodore and says it's nice, so I'm leaning towards it.

Update

Due to a lack of funds, I will not be doing the whole weekend. I still plan on being down on Saturday though. See you guys there.

I sure hope this event does come together for everyone and I hope to be there . There is a lot of great family things to do and see in Galveston. There is also lots of adult things to do as well if you come with out the children. Beware the local police are not too keen to loud pipes and quick starts at the lights. The weather in September is perfect for rodders, bikers, surfing, and sailing.

ilme going to call the commodore and make my reservations for fri and sat nite stormy weather is my only deterent mike cell 903-343-9393 h 903-876-3328

The weather is definately a factor. Keep your eyes open for the storm trackers. I had forgotten this is the peak month for hurricanes. I'm hoping we luck out.

tfeverfred said:
The weather is definately a factor. Keep your eyes open for the storm trackers. I had forgotten this is the peak month for hurricanes. I'm hoping we luck out.

You guys might want to keep this URL handy

National Hurricane Center

here is the update. ive got a room at the commodore for 19th and 20 total is 240.35 and no discounts for nothing. you can see your car in the parking lot on the ground floor . all rooms are the same price. i explained to her that rainy weather and we wouldnt be there and she said we could cancel at any time w/o penalty. she said to register directly with the motel and not use the companies and its easier to cancel the room if raining. so 1st step is done so now ill wait on what the weather does see yall there. u comming gt? fred can u post a new post on t bucket forums the info on galveston?? i can reply to thread but cant figure how to post a new one mike

MDANIELSON55 said:
u comming gt?

Nope, I have 3 shows that weekend, which are benefit shows.

The first one is very special. One of my former co-workers lost his brother-in-law in the Twin Towers diaster. In memory of him, he and his sister(her husband was the one killed),who works with autisitc children started a foundation to help with autism. They hold a Walk About for Autism every Sept to raise money. A couple of us Bucketheads show up and give rides to the kids and talk to the adults about Hot Rodding and T-buckets. It'll warm your heart when a youngster gets out of your T with the biggest smile on their face.

The second show is at BASS Pro Shop and it benefits a camp their building for terminally ill kids, like the Victory Junction Gang camp.

The third show benefits children who are less fortunate than most and may not get Christmas. It raises funds to buy toys and clothes for the kids at Christmas time. So as you can see my Sept 20th will be very busy. By the time one show ends, I'll be heading over to the next one.

It's all about the kids.

"here is the update. ive got a room at the commodore for 19th and 20 total is 240.35 and no discounts for nothing. you can see your car in the parking lot on the ground floor . all rooms are the same price."

I am pretty sure you cannot see your car from your room. The hotel is an S shape with the rooms looking out at the pool and Gulf and seawall. The parking lot is out back. Its been several years since I stayed there last but I am pretty sure you will not be seeing your car without going out back and looking or having to go down the stairs. There are not many hotels in Galveston where you can park right in front of your room and be able to watch over your car. That is why I would not stay the night down there unless I had someplace safe and secure to keep it.

Don't think we will be making it. Another buckethead is getting married that weekend and will prolly be going to Waco for the wedding.

BT.

Commodore Hotel

Here is Google Map of The Commodore Hotel and you can see the lack of parking and being able to see the bucket from your room

BT

Re: Commodore Hotel

:clap::clap::clap:Gt...My hat's off to you. That's awesome to hear about folks helping out others.

ron

hey gt sorry you cant make it. but you have a more important day ahead of you. ive done the kid thing a time or two. 28 yrs as a firefighter i do understand. have fun and ill try to make one of the dallas area shows later. the lady at the commodore told me i could see the car from my room so thats all i know. if i cant ill call pd and ask them to do a check in passing, most will mike

good luck with the parking. If you do happen to find a spot that you can see from your room make sure you park another vehicle in the space when you go out cruisin. When you come back in the late evening the parking lot WILL be completely full. I can guarantee that from the times I have been there and at the Flagship and others.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back