Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Getting Grief!!

Johnny

Lately, I have been getting a lot of grief from guys that say my Bucket is way too long! I know that most of these cars are a lot shorter than mine, but I like it being different. Besides, my body has a ten inch stretch. Some say I need to shorten that front end, but that's not going to happen. I'm going to move the radiator back and down a few inches to fill in that large gap and I hope that will make it look better, as suggested by a few of you fellas.
Should I just ignore those guys, or shorten the frame?

Thanks

No, I say put an old Buick straight eight in there to take up that extra room and then you'll really have something different . LOL

Jim

Well, I'm thinking 3" back and 2' lower for the radiator. That should place it at the rear of the headlights.
DAYUMM! Now that's a long T-Bucket!

Ignore them! If your happy with it, leave it alone. I also have the 10" stretch body. Mine has a 112" wheelbase. Moving your rad. back and even with or slightly lower than the cowl will make a big difference in the profile. Don't cave. Looks good to me.

that's why we have so many different cars even if they are all t buckets they are personalize to our own unique likes .you built it to please you and yours ..............if somebody don't like it ..............they can keep walking

I would be more worried about the ford in the background. Just kidding, if you like the style I say Go For It and don't worry its your ride. Is that the stretch body RPM sells? Different Strokes for Different Folks. ROLL TIDE ALABAMA now that's style LOL

No, I say put an old Buick straight eight in there to take up that extra room and then you'll really have something different . LOLJim

I was going to say cut the frame until I read EX JUNK's post. I really like his idea but the bottom line is do what makes you happy and also fits your budget. That said, ORF has a good idea as well.

Here is a moon tank.

DSCN0792r.jpg

make a cover to go in front of the rad and axle,almost like the picture of the long T that I posted without the spoiler.

No, I say put an old Buick straight eight in there to take up that extra room and then you'll really have something different . LOL

Jim
LOL, an old Buick straight 8 was one of the engines I was looking for when I stumbled across the GM v6 I'm using. Others in the running were a early 50s Packard straight 8, a 50's Mopar flat head 6, a Buick aluminum V8, and the Holy grail would have been an early 60s Studebaker V8 (I'm an arm-chair Studebaker fanatic).

Do what ever makes you happy. I love doing things different than the crowd.

Thanks guys. I will ignore the remarks about it being too long. I like it!
Safety first, reliability second, looks last. Stick with that and you can't go wrong. Besides, it will ride a lot smoother with the longer wheelbase.
Remember you can pick your friends but not your family. Who cares what others think as long as you are satisfied. Try swapping wives with someone and see how you like her.
Keep what you have and enjoy it, it looks great. The only problem I see is cooling. Move the radiator back or add electric fans it will work fine.

The pan on top of the frame is just to give purpose for the space. You could also punch a bunch of louvers in it for accent.

I don't see a thing wrong your car. If you like it that is all that counts, I bet it rides good. If you want a change a small round gas tank behind the rad with an electric fuel pump would be cool.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back