Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Getting Grief!!

Here is what it would look like with the rear axle moved forward about 3 inches and 5 or 6 inches chopped out of the front between the engine and radiator.:cool:
long T2.jpg

Bottom line, though, it's your car; build it like YOU want it.:thumbsup:

Here is what it would look like with the rear axle moved forward about 3 inches and 5 or 6 inches chopped out of the front between the engine and radiator.:cool:
View attachment 8424

Now that brings things into the proper perspective but as you have said, it's your car.

Jim

P.S. I might also add that the radiator must be lowered so that it does not stick above the cowl as that is just lazy measuring. IMHO

View attachment 8424

Meangreen, Try this scenario move the rear wheels like you did and move the rad back and leave the wheelbase the same? That was cool how you did that.:thumbsup:

Dude,,,, so funny,,, I was wondering if I'd get ripped too for having a longer than normal T.. mine will have a wheel base of 108". The body is only slightly longer than normal. I did this to get away from the heat making the floor so hot. Once I get the body mounted I'll post pictures,,, right now it was only sitting in place. Also when you see it,,, the rear tires are slightly beyond the pickup bed. The bed will be lengthened to make up the difference, at least I'll have more room for stuff ha ha ha Great looking ride,,, build it your way,,, who likes cookie cutter anyways :)

I like the rear tires the way it is. The car that im biulding is long and rearend is set way back to. No cookie cutter here I hope:rolleyes: Why biuld the same thing that someone else has If thats what I wonted I would just hang out at the ford dealer ship . You no same s>>t different color . Whats cool here is that there is not alot of the same thing going on. Its in the eye of the beholder/Biulder.

Alright, now I understand. After I move radiator I will look into that pan idea.
Thanks
Johnny, I have a frame pan ahead of my radiator (see attached photo). You can do many things to personalize them. I have louvers punched in mine as the letter"T". I always wanted to have some air brush art on one as well. Possibilities are endless.
upload_2013-8-27_9-43-51.png

Hey, its only too long if you think it is....helps keep the front end down on the ground....

Lately, I have been getting a lot of grief from guys that say my Bucket is way too long! I know that most of these cars are a lot shorter than mine, but I like it being different. Besides, my body has a ten inch stretch. Some say I need to shorten that front end, but that's not going to happen. I'm going to move the radiator back and down a few inches to fill in that large gap and I hope that will make it look better, as suggested by a few of you fellas.
Should I just ignore those guys, or shorten the frame?

Thanks

I would be more worried about the ford in the background. Just kidding, if you like the style I say Go For It and don't worry its your ride. Is that the stretch body RPM sells? Different Strokes for Different Folks. ROLL TIDE ALABAMA now that's style LOL
WAR DAM EAGLE has some flair to it too, I guess. Gotta bow to the Tide though....hahaha

Hey, add a few more inches to that frame, add a extra SBC motor in there, like the old dual engine diggers....I love those rascals!

Move the radiator back and put a moon tank in front of it. if you think it needs it. How about a pan with pin striping on it?

If he put a tank on the front, the tank on the back would have to come off in my opinion. I like the idea of taking the radiator back and the tank out front idea though. Maybe a blower or bigger engine $$ Cha-Ching$$. With the amount of extra space, you have room for future growth which many T's don't have. It's your car and if you're happy with it, that's all that matters!!

You could always put one of these in it.....
Could always run 4x4's also....
GMCV12 001.jpg

Put a blower on it. The drive system will take all that space. If it were mine I would move the rad back closer to the engine but not too close.

Is there enough room for a Potvin? That would be cool and functional as well.

Hi, I know the longwheelbase cars drive nice, but it's not my personal preference. I agree with most here though, move the radiator and lights back closer to the engine. Lowering the front would help the proportions a bit I think , plus a taller rear tire? But then you're out there driving it , and enjoying it, so good on ya!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back