Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Getting into the Christmas Spirit...

EX JUNK

Thought that you might like to see how we get into the Christmas Spirit down here in sunny Florida.

Jim

Ex junk...just wondering...how is your scoop attached?
Looks like you ran some supports/straps down to the intake or something?

I also have the same scoop to use (for the last two seasons!) and a single carb, but I'm a bit weary of the thin lower plate being strong enough to hold it securely with just one wingnut. Thats a big chunk to have flying around if the nut loosens up!

What you have there is very much the look i'd like to give mine and its a lot cleaner looking than what I was thinking about doing.
I know...I'm supposed to be ogling the girl but hey...the car is showing her up! Hahahaha

Ex junk...just wondering...how is your scoop attached?
Looks like you ran some supports/straps down to the intake or something?

I also have the same scoop to use (for the last two seasons!) and a single carb, but I'm a bit weary of the thin lower plate being strong enough to hold it securely with just one wingnut. Thats a big chunk to have flying around if the nut loosens up!

What you have there is very much the look i'd like to give mine and its a lot cleaner looking than what I was thinking about doing.
I know...I'm supposed to be ogling the girl but hey...the car is showing her up! Hahahaha

I made four vertical supports that attach to the four carb bolts. I also made two horizontal supports on the upper end of the two front mounts to support the front part of the scoop. All in all it is a very stable mount to in excess of 100 MPH.

Jim

I made four vertical supports that attach to the four carb bolts. I also made two horizontal supports on the upper end of the two front mounts to support the front part of the scoop. All in all it is a very stable mount to in excess of 100 MPH.

Jim
Ahhhh...ok! Sounds nice and strong. I'm gonna give it a test fit and see if I can make that type mounting or something close work for me.
Thanks! :D

what is that at the bottom front of the rad?

You are probably referring to the FTF badge. Well, in "polite" company it means "FORGET THE FENDERS". If you are not so polite you can substitute a word in place of the polite translation. LOL

Jim

Jim, Is this where you got your plate topper? from SoCal
s-l1600.jpg

No, I got mine from a friend that just died. He had so many great cars and a lot of other collectables. He lived right here in Florida, his name was Gary Moore. A really great guy who'll be sorely missed.

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back