Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

getting my new body!!

Gary49

I'm finally able to order my CCR body tomorrow. It will probably take a week to get to Florida and it will seem like a year. This is my first t bucket and I'm really excited. My only regret is getting an LS1 instead of a conventional small block. Everything costs a lot more and you can't just connect a battery and go. Also I don't quite know how I'm going to mount the air cleaner for the LS. Oh well, one thing at a time.
Garypanhard.jpg

Awesome, Gary! I know that feeling of anticipation. Looking forward to pics when the body arrives!:thumbsup:

I'm sure that all of the vendors on here are really great. When I decided to build my t bucket I didn't know one from the other. The reason I connected with CCR is because I wanted to build my own frame and found their drawings online. When I had a few questions I called their number and spoke with Diane. She couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. Also Jerry has been very helpful answering question and posting pictures on here to help me. Please understand that I'm certainly not knocking anyone else, I just want to give credit where credit is due.
Gary49

Diane and Jerry are great people . Met them in CA. Most all of the folks associated with Buckets are pretty cool. (You have to be to drive one of these) LOL

Amen! BC and Ron, our other sponsors, are certainly in the 'great people' category as well. Aren't we blessed!!!:D:thumbsup:

I'm sure that all of the vendors on here are really great. When I decided to build my t bucket I didn't know one from the other. The reason I connected with CCR is because I wanted to build my own frame and found their drawings online. When I had a few questions I called their number and spoke with Diane. She couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. Also Jerry has been very helpful answering question and posting pictures on here to help me. Please understand that I'm certainly not knocking anyone else, I just want to give credit where credit is due.
Gary49
Ok, but now you have to patronize everyone else exactly equally! Just kidding. We do have good sponsors.

Ok, but now you have to patronize everyone else exactly equally! Just kidding. We do have good sponsors.
Oh Boy. I sure wish I could but then I would have a t bucket for every day of the week. I know from reading the posts on here that RPM and the guys at Spirit are more than happy to help their patrons also. I just got interested in building a t bucked this past spring and later on I found this forum and have to agree with Spanky. "We are blessed."
Gary49

I don't get very excited about much any more. I bought my T-Bucket from a friend. It needed a lot of work and I needed something to keep my busy. The work goes slow, but that's OK.
Today, I was just looking at the new posts here and it caught my eye...."New Body". It took a minute, but my heart started to pound, and I thought I might start to tremble.
This coming November (Lord willing), I will be 81. My body is about used up. I have a bad right knee, spinal stenosis, torn rotator cuffs in both shoulders, and I get tired easy. The idea of a NEW BODY just lit me right up. I got a bit teary eyed for a minute so it was hard to read the details.
Never mind.....maybe next time.

Check this out . . .

"For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing. For we will put on heavenly bodies; we will not be spirits without bodies. While we live in these earthly bodies, we groan and sigh, but it’s not that we want to die and get rid of these bodies that clothe us. Rather, we want to put on our new bodies so that these dying bodies will be swallowed up by life. God himself has prepared us for this, and as a guarantee he has given us his Holy Spirit." - 2 Corinthians 5:1-5

I just checked the tracking (BOL) # on Frontline Freight's web page. It says it's in Alfalfa, Texas and scheduled for delivery 8/30. I sure hope so with all the flooding there. I feel guilty wondering about my body while those poor souls are dealing with tragedy.
Gary

I believe Alfalfa is in El Paso County, so that's well West of the hurricane. Problem is, they'll probably have to delay a bit to wait for the roads in TX and LA to become passable. Patience!!!;)

Yep! Now they are saying delivery on 9/3 instead of tomorrow. That's a Sunday and Monday is a holiday. I guess all the bad reviews I read about Frontline Freight were true. 5 days to them means 2 weeks. There go my plans for the long weekend.

I know that the thread is about the T body, but but on your LS, have you considered putting a carburetor on it, which would then allow you to "connect a battery and go"

Hi Todd,
Yeah, I thought about it but then I figured that would defeat the benefits of the LS motor. I bought a harness and ECN programmed for my setup from Painless. They had a special going on at 25% off. It's real high quality wiring with all the connectors labeled. All I have to do is plug it in and go.radiator.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back