Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Getting started...

CrAlt

Picked up a WINTEC kit this weekend. Waiting on the IRS now for more parts moneys

t1.jpg

Bet that put a smile on your face!!! Keep us posted.

Ron

hoist.gif

Ya.

I quickly bolted everything together for a mockup. Went together like butter.

Got my craigslist powerglide... "worked when pulled" so im expecting it to be trashed when i pull it apart this weeked.

Good looking frame and suspension set up! Some pretty nice pieces from Wintec.:eek:k:

Looks like a mighty short Pahnard bar, I would make that is long as you can find room for, (outside of frame bracket on drivers side end, to almost the drum on the other passenger side end) when all the weight in on the car, when finished, that bar should be as level as possible... JMHO :)

Ran out of things to do on the frame so i decided to check out my "worked when pulled" craigslist 'glide..

t4.jpg

...and as expected.. its all screwed up :-/

It has water/rust damage and it looks like someone took it apart and chickened out at one point.

Needs total rebuild
New planetary set
and machine work on the direct drum
oh well.

Im going to install a full manual VB to get rid of the linkages and vacuum hose

Nice :hoist:

Ran out of things to do on the frame so i decided to check out my "worked when pulled" craigslist 'glide..

t4.jpg

...and as expected.. its all screwed up :-/

It has water/rust damage and it looks like someone took it apart and chickened out at one point.

Needs total rebuild
New planetary set
and machine work on the direct drum
oh well.

Im going to install a full manual VB to get rid of the linkages and vacuum hose

--Man I love this to cool good work!

Found a pumpkin at the scrappers.. for CHEAP money. Its got a crappy ratio and its one legged but it was CHEAP.
Checked it out..It isn't in bad shape and the bearings feel solid. Cleaned the 10lbs of gunk off and gave it a rustoliam rebuild.
It will at least get me underpower until fund allow a good ratio and posi unit.
t5.jpg

Finished inspecting my pile of 'glide and came to the conclusion that i have a CASE and not much else. Someone stacked 6 clutches in the high drum but only 3 steals. Everything in that assembly is hosed. The input shaft and pump are "iffy" looking. I'll have to get a 2nd opinion on them.

Define "crappy ratio". and you may find posi is not necessary.
Mike in ep :smile:

Define "crappy ratio". and you may find posi is not necessary.
Mike in ep :smile:

Agreed posi can even be dangerous in these light cars. Light weight car and rain and posi spells disaster if not very careful.

Its got 3.00 in it now. Like I said above im going to hold off on doing anything to it until after the car is on the road. I was just thinking that with the 'glide and little 283 that is might be a little sluggish on the take off.
Good thinking on the posi... with a car this light it maybe to easy to get in trouble on slick spots.

Stopped by wintec on friday to order up my axles. He was saying the same thing you guys are about the ratio.. i just never worked on a car this light before lol.

Didnt get much done today.. Got the spindles and steering box hung on there. inspected the trans case and started to clean and de-bur it.
t6.jpg

Heard about another 283 that has a unknown trans stuck to it.. Still in the car. Going to hopefully go hear it run this week.

Got a early start today.. made it to wintec, my buddies machine shop, and about 12 trips to napa. Hopefully as soon as the correct races come in i'll be able to have the front rolling.

t8.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back