Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

glass mounted wiper motor help

jjsticks

Hi gents! I'm looking for ideas on light weight mount for a wiper motor that i need for inspection.It needs to mount right on top of the bare glass.I was looking at headlight wiper motor it seems small enough.but will need to sit on the glass and sweep.ideas? and thanks

jjsticks said:
Hi gents! I'm looking for ideas on light weight mount for a wiper motor that i need for inspection.It needs to mount right on top of the bare glass.I was looking at headlight wiper motor it seems small enough.but will need to sit on the glass and sweep.ideas? and thanks

Will your state let you go with a hand operated one? If so, Speedway, among others, has them.

Perhaps this will help. I have passed the NSRA safety check with this temporary electric set up. The motor and arm are from Speedway and I made the simple clamp mount. There is a cigarette lighter recptacle hidden under the dash for power.

IMG_2889.jpg

IMG_2890.jpg

IMG_2891.jpg

I wish you would quit showing that car.Gets my blood pumping to hard.:laff:

I'm sorry Rick.

Not good for my high blood presure.hehehe.I just love seeing that car keep um coming.I actualy look for your posts in the mornig just to look at it and get ideas.

Thank you for that BIG compliment Rick. I knew that you were just kidding and I had to say something.

I like that idea,is that one pinch bolt holding it to the glass? you really haven't had to use it have you?thanks ex.

Yes, there is only one bolt on the clamp and no, I have not had to use it except for my NSRA Safety 23. Other than that, it sits on the shelf. If I was riding a motor cycle in the rain do you suppose it would have a wiper? These cars are much like a motorcycle except that you don't have to put your foot out to hold them up at a stop light. LOL

Jim

You know Jim ,I told my wife the same thing "this is like motorcyle" on our first ride .wow! what a rush.i can't wait for spring.:laff: do you have a list of the 23 point inspection the NSRA are looking for.and does your state require you have it done?jj

jjsticks said:
You know Jim ,I told my wife the same thing "this is like motorcyle" on our first ride .wow! what a rush.i can't wait for spring.:D do you have a list of the 23 point inspection the NSRA are looking for.and does your state require you have it done?jj

Here's a link to a copy from the NTBA and frankly, if every state followed these, there would be a lot of crap cars off the street:

NTBA

And yea, it's like a big, bad azz bike that won't tip over!:laff:

You beat me to it Fred. I have the pages from the NSRA VEHICLE SAFETY INSPECTION MANUAL scanned and in jpeg form. They go into greater detail explaining "scrub line" and other things.

If you would like to have a copy, e-mail me at ***jimnnan42@bellsouth.net** (remove the stars) and I'll send it to you.

Jim

EX JUNK said:
You beat me to it Fred. I have the pages from the NSRA VEHICLE SAFETY INSPECTION MANUAL scanned and in jpeg form. They go into greater detail explaining "scrub line" and other things.

If you would like to have a copy, e-mail me at ***jimnnan42@bellsouth.net** (remove the stars) and I'll send it to you.

Jim
Thanks Jim

Ted Brown said:
Rain-X works for me, but I try and keep it above 60 MPH and it stays completely dry, not a drop, just the right air flow hehe But when you slow down, better watch out... I find a dry place when it rains...

As good as that may work, the boys doing the inspection will most likely send ya home, after they get done laughing their butts off.:laff:

Ted Brown said:
Rain-X works for me, but I try and keep it above 60 MPH and it stays completely dry, not a drop, just the right air flow hehe But when you slow down, better watch out... I find a dry place when it rains...
Ted i tried that once comeing back from showing my car i got caught in the rain just sprinkles so i said hey go faster and you wont get wet.:laff:
It felt like machine gun bullets hitting me in the face.I have the slant back wind shield and at 6' i stick up over the windshield.I market that down in the "DONT DO THAT AGAIN STUPID"department.

tfeverfred said:
Here's a link to a copy from the NTBA and frankly, if every state followed these, there would be a lot of crap cars off the street:

NTBA

And yea, it's like a big, bad azz bike that won't tip over!:lol:

Do these rules apply for Texas too Fred?

dovehunter79 said:
Do these rules apply for Texas too Fred?

Those are for the NSRA inspection. If I'm not mistaken, Texas and most states require safety items according to the year of the car.

But like I said, what the NSRA requires is not only what most states require, it also includes stuff specific to hot rods and is a very good guide to follow.

The only think Oklahoma requires is the 3% excise tax.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back