Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Had a run-in with Johnny Law last night...

I picked up a 46 chevy pickup for my step son and needed the VIN verified. I called the sherrif's office and a deputy showed up in about 5 minutes, called his buddy to see where to look then said he had a chevelle he drag raced and his buddy was the Fire training officer and had just finished a 350 350 swap into a 46. He then drew a map showing where there were some old farm trucks and told us to be sure to be to the next swap meet , they would have a trailer load of stuff, we bought and traded parts.. They watch the new rice rockets. loud exhaust,. wings, aero kits...they say most of those kids drive too wild on the street. .

A couple of years ago a guy left one of our local bars. He knew he had had too much to drink so he locked his car and headed home on foot. He got a block or so down the street when the cop pulled up and asked him what he was doing. He told the cop he had had too much to drink and drive and that he was walking home. The cop busted him for public intox. So much for doing the right thing.

Goes to show, always drink at home and only go to bars to socialize. To be clear, I like cops that do their job honestly an honorably. The next time I see a cop run a red light without having the blue and red on, I think I'll pull over and have them radio their Watch Commander. Also going to do the same for any who block my drive ever again, but that's another story.

der Spieler "A couple of years ago a guy left one of our local bars. He knew he had had too much to drink so he locked his car and headed home on foot. He got a block or so down the street when the cop pulled up and asked him what he was doing. He told the cop he had had too much to drink and drive and that he was walking home. The cop busted him for public intox. So much for doing the right thing."

I know a few officers and they all agree that Public Intox is something you use to charge a belligerent drunk... ya know, a real A-Hole that's happened to have too much to drink.

Had a friend (now deceased) that stopped at a pay phone to call a friend when he realized that he had a bit too much to drink. Cops arrested him for DUI even though he was standing at a pay phone 100 feet or more away from his car - but he had his keys in his hands.

I'm not saying he wasn't a mean drunk - he most certainly was - but they should have arrested him for public intox, not DUI.

I was sitting at a light in the Tub T here in town when one of the local motorcycle cops pulled up next to me. He gave the T a real close look. Then he smiled and said, "How does A/C work in that thing?" (It was about 100 degrees.)

"About like yours," I said. "The heat works great in April through October, and the A/C works fine from November through March!"

And then we went on about our business.

If you get pulled over this is NOT the way to talk to him.
[ame=[media=youtube]2ASUkiyZUcg[/media] - SorryOfficer[/ame]

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back