Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

handling w/18x3 12 spoke wheels

jrn

I really like the torque thrust/12 spoke wheel combo thats on the total T in Mikes gallery. How do the 3" wide wheels handle? bumps..rain..pros/cons? .....J

JRN, I don't have those, but I do have a set of 18" wires on the front of my car. I wouldn't expect them to have as much traction as a regular tire/wheel setup, but they doo the job and seem to do it very well. High speed cornering would definately be a problem, but I doubt anyone has ever really done any in one of these cars, well, maybe they tried!:)

I say go for them. I like the look of the 12 spokes and if my wires hadn't worked out, that style wheel would have been a second choice. T Buckets look great with skinnies up front!

The skinny rims and tires look boss on the front of aT, but keepin mind ,a large percentage of your braking is with the front brakes. You have to be a little more cauious of stiuations where you would have to stop quickly.

Ron

jrn said:
I really like the torque thrust/12 spoke wheel combo thats on the total T in Mikes gallery. How do the 3" wide wheels handle? bumps..rain..pros/cons? .....J

OK... I think I get this... I believe you are referring to the 12 spoke spindle mount wheels by Radir wheels...

12spoke2.JPG

Total also has a brake setup for these wheels (as shown and with a Drilled SS Rotor as well) These are designed to be mounted to early ford spindles 37-46...

Now the American Racing Torq Thrust wheel below I looked long and hard at but the only problem I had was these wheels aren't designed to have a rotor attached like the Radir 12 spoke...

aps-48553a_w.jpg

These are made for "Strange Spindles" and "Anglia Spindle"...

Speedway sells a spoke wheel that comes in either 4" or 6" width X 15", 4-1/2" or 4-3/4" bolt pattern. They are call Gasser ET wheel. Sorry, I don't know how to post the link but you can find them in the online catalog.

Ron

A while back in SRM there was a '27 roadster with these wheels on it. The rear ones were something like 8' wide. Maybe a check with ET would shed some light on this.

Ron

Hey Jason check out ETwheels.com their Gasser wheel is fully polished its a 10 spoke.We have a guy here that had some Radir's on the front and he said they did not take to pot holes very well at all it said on the rim Not for street use race only. But you can't beat the looks.Also for some reason I can not get your E mail to work
can you send it to me again.Thanks

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back