Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hay Chop

Duke

You going to speed week at the salt flats this year, if so I will see you there. I will have my old 38 Chevy PU on the salt checking out all the rides. They changed the dates a little this year. I would have to look it up again but I think inspections for the racers is Sunday August 17th and the cars start running on Monday. Don't forget the SPF 10,000 for the sun. :lol:

I am planning on it. Probably driving out saturday and staying till wednesday or so. We will probably be parked in the 2nd lot at the bend way in the back in a big circle. There will be 20 or so of us out there.

hay me and 2 mates are coming over from England to go to Speed week . we fly in to San Francisco on the 14 august then get the RV and trundle up to Wendover for speed week and with a bit of luck we will make the Good Guys at Pleasanton then fly home . i have wanted to go there for about 20 years and now said it is time to go . hope to see some of you guys when we are there

as it gets closer we can set up a time and location to meet. Anyone that has ever thought about building or driving a hotrod should go to Bonneville once. It is out Mecca, the Holy Land and without it we wouldnt be where we are today.

I will be staying Tooele, Ut with relatives. We will drive out every morning. I will try and look you up, I will be in my 38 Chevy PU, black and tan primer. The 38 is my salt flats ride, can't bring myself to take the Bucket onto the salt. The other guy I am with will have a 27 ford PU with a flathead Merc in it, It is a rusting old body he found in eastern Oregon desert maybe 40 years ago. I usually have a straw hat on. I think I remember your car from about two years ago, we may have even meet. Like you say, It is Holly ground for hot rods, and out of the box thinking. Did you see the motorcycle two years ago made out of 2X4s. Is one of the guys you are with have the car with the 20 foot rat tail dragging behind his car. Hope to see you out there also England. If you haven't been there before, bring sun screen or you will get fried by the sun and the reflextion off the salt.

It's on my bucket list, #2.) Speedweek! Number one right now is, #1)Get something on the road!

Ron

Ron, you got a little over a month, like they say " it only takes time and money " if you notice " only " is a four letter word. :cry:

no rat tails and no 2X4 motorcycles. In our group we have a 50 Ford Buisness coupe, a 30 RPU model A with a flatty, 40 Ford chopped coupe, 54 Chevy Coupe with a 3X2 235, 53 Chevy 4 door with a big block, A chopped 41 Nash, a 31 Chevy Coupe, my T and Bobs Model A thats about 40" tall running a B banger with twin Jag side drafts. We are kinda of the loud crowd that you hear dragging the interstate from the one ramp to the off ramp at the gas station.
This year we have added a new guy to our crew that is a documentary film maker. I may be leaving the T at home and take my quads and a bunch of his gear so we can do a tone of footage.

0000-7563-4~Pin-Up-Girl-Bonneville-el-Mirage-Posters.jpg

If I see you I will drop by and say Hi. We unload my brother in-laws car there at the bend or curve after the gas station. Some of his friends camp in that area. I have not tryed it but have heard the food at the gas station is the best around, of course a cold beverage is what I need after all day on the salt.

hay chop we leave England for the US on Thursday do you still want to meet up at Bonneville for a chat . We are getting an RV from San Francisco and driving up and are hoping to tag on the end of the Rod and Custom cruise on Saturday evning then on to Bonneville on sunday .

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back