Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Headlights

tfeverfred

I made a switch to halogen headlights. WOW! What a difference. Floating through the night.... watching the light reflect off the tires and frontend. Perfect. No pics, you wouldn't see the difference.

Must be time to do a video!

Night time rides are the funnest in an open air vehicle. I love how warm the city is in the summer, but as soon as you get out of the city limits, the cool country air is the best. Then go over a river and feel the rush of cold air wakes you right up. And just when it couldn't get any better you get smacked in the head by a June Bug.

Night time rides are the funnest in an open air vehicle. I love how warm the city is in the summer, but as soon as you get out of the city limits, the cool country air is the best. Then go over a river and feel the rush of cold air wakes you right up. And just when it couldn't get any better you get smacked in the head by a June Bug.

True about the June Bugs! I got hit in the head once and it felt like a ROCK! Darn thing drew blood!

True about the June Bugs! I got hit in the head once and it felt like a ROCK! Darn thing drew blood!

Yep second only to the old hornet in the helmet...

I've hit some stuff while out riding that would curl your hair. Once hit a something that completely covered one lens of my sunglasses and stunk to high heaven. I'd almost rather encounter that june bug or hornet.

I've hit some stuff while out riding that would curl your hair. Once hit a something that completely covered one lens of my sunglasses and stunk to high heaven.

Those are the ones I hate the most.

You guys need to see our whitetail deer up here alot of turkeys showing up last few years. They are like hitting a bowling ball.

That sounds like a wet dream to me. :hyper:

thomas

When I go to A car show that is going to last till after dark ,I load mine on my trailer to go to it. People say why the trailer??? I have seen what the big deer in Iowa does to a car. No thanks...

I was thiking about using an aircraft landing light on the passenger side. Way back, I had'em in my daily driver that had four headlights. My wife called it my rude lamp.

With '29 Model A headlight buckets, There isn't a Par 56 13v. landing light. They're available in 28v. but I'm not going to carry a second battery and try to charge it.
Heck, I haven't figured out where to put one battery.

Some years ago, I used to drag race my street bike and then ride it home here in the hills. One night about midnight an elk sauntered across the road in front of me way too close for comfort and with a strong potential for me needing a change of under garmet. That's the last time I rode on the street. I built a pro-bike and trailered it.

In Colorado open cars mean you need to carry a good jacket and gloves at night. When the sun does down, temps cool rather quickley. Oh boy. I can't wait. it'll be great!!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back