Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Question heat shields for t-bucket side pipes

Correct. I used them when I was on the engine run crew and crawling around on a hot running MD80 jet engine doing leak checks and fuel control trim. I would usually double them up. I wore form fitting Kevlar gloves with the sleeves as well. I left the run crew but still have access to them. I'm sending a pair of gloves to him as well.

Coould have used those in VN working on Huey's. To high teck for a bunch of kids I guess. Thanks for the response.

Coould have used those in VN working on Huey's. To high teck for a bunch of kids I guess. Thanks for the response.
I hear ya. I was AF F15 CC. old school leather gloves is all we got back then. Was always scalding my hands when I did oil samples between sortie's. Ahh...the good ole days. Lol

Heat shields: long legged pants. I say that in jest. I've blistered my calves so many times on my bike... even through pants. When I was younger, I had a '72 gto with side pipes and even with shields, that 455 would heat them up enough to ruin a hot date when her freshly shaved bare legs contacted them...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back