Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Question heat shields for t-bucket side pipes

rodder25

I'm trying to find after market heat shields for my bucket, all the ones I found are too long. Has anyone made their own and what they used to make them?

Here is my solution: 0.100 inch Stainless Steel bent to fit. Made a Z angle out of the same material and Spot Welded on. The used SS Worm Clamps to install. I think I got the Material from Onlinemetals.com note: I only have it on the Right Hand Side where the door is.

Attachments

• IMG_0394.JPG
    IMG_0394.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0392.JPG
    IMG_0392.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 35
Back in the old days when gas stations would wash your windshield the attendant came out to pump my gas and I told him I’d do it and he offered to wash my windshield and I said ok but watch those hot pipes. Well he didn’t and melted holes in his polyester pants! (Insert Gomer Piles “Gooolee!”

I've never had any trouble stepping over or even walking around the pipes , my nemesis is reaching under to pull plugs for a plug check , my forearms have some nasty scars ...!....

I've learned to avoid touching the headers when they're hot. I, too, have a few nice scars on my legs (wearing shorts) and forearms. I worry more about someone, maybe a little kid, running up and grabbing the headers right by the engine. That tender skin!!!! Yikes.

I watch my pipes pretty good . At car shows I don’t leave my car till the pipes have cooled down, it don’t take long.

I've never had any trouble stepping over or even walking around the pipes , my nemesis is reaching under to pull plugs for a plug check , my forearms have some nasty scars ...!....

2o2f, pm me your address and I'll send you a pair of these Kevlar sleeves. Yours free of charge if you want them.
2019-02-20 16.31.34.jpg 2019-02-20 16.31.01.jpg

If 2o2f doesn't want the sleeves, I would love to have them for changing plugs on my T!.

I see summer TIG welding sleeves! I have worn long sleeve shirts for many years but those would be worth thinking about. Leather gloves over those would do the trick. I am assuming those are aircraft engine repair items.
George

Correct. I used them when I was on the engine run crew and crawling around on a hot running MD80 jet engine doing leak checks and fuel control trim. I would usually double them up. I wore form fitting Kevlar gloves with the sleeves as well. I left the run crew but still have access to them. I'm sending a pair of gloves to him as well.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back