Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

HEI won't start

Use a fan relay and never, ever, ever use the same color cables for the battery connection.

Everything on my car has a relay, even the fan, and it still feeds juice back for a few seconds after shut down. The only real fix is a diode, or to shut the switch off first, then the key.

Don

Everything on my car has a relay, even the fan, and it still feeds juice back for a few seconds after shut down. The only real fix is a diode, or to shut the switch off first, then the key.

Don

Horse hockey. what type of ignition switch do you have Don? aren't there separate ign and acc terminals on the back?

Russ

Yep wire that fan, and the wire to excite the alternator to the ACC side or the ignition switch. They will both quit when you turn the key off and so will the engine quit. No diodes needed.

My ignition switch is a marine switch (Cole Hersee) with no accessory position, just Bat, start, and ign.

Don

If your fan is turned on by a heat switch in the engine ,and is in the same circuit as your ign it will keep your engine running until it cools enough to stop the fan. with a switch like Don has the only to stop the engine is a diode or a switch.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back