Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello , another guy from missouri !

m52mark

I love anything motorized . This is my first bucket . Stretched frame , ccr body , 11 1/2 to 1 460 based 472 , balanced & blueprinted bottom end , ported dove c heads , 3,500 converter , c6 , detroit lockered 9 inch , sort of like a little street dragster . It should be fun ! This site has a ton of info , love it !

Attachments

• IMG_20120817_150322 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20120817_150322 - Copy.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 71
Missouri is a SEMA-pattern title and registration state. If you are willing to run a "Street Rod" plate, which does come with some restrictions, you'll only need the at-registration inspection. You are exempt from future inspections, no emissions testing even in the St. Louis metro, and your machine does not need equipment that was not original equipment for the year and model your project was built to resemble.

Jim Pavalec, owner of Old Dog Street Rods, was instrumental in getting SEMA legislation enacted in Missouri.

Welcome to the forum from Az . Great start and keep the picks coming.

Thanks everybody ! I used to live in Michigan . I'm in Independence , Mo. now . This is my favorite pic so far !

Attachments

• IMG_0402 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0402 - Copy.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 59
I love anything motorized . This is my first bucket . Stretched frame , ccr body , 11 1/2 to 1 460 based 472 , balanced & blueprinted bottom end , ported dove c heads , 3,500 converter , c6 , detroit lockered 9 inch , sort of like a little street dragster . It should be fun ! This site has a ton of info , love it !
Looks like that's going to be a fun ride! Good luck with it and welcome to the site.

Mark thats going to be sharp ride there. I always like the stretch look too.

Missouri may be a sema pattern state but there is people in Jeff city that don't like home built cars. I thought I was finished with the hassle when modot passed my paper work but when I went to Jeff city the people there didn't like any thing. They want a bill of sale for the metal in the frame, and I have a receipt from RPM for it, I may have to get a lawyer to make it legal.

Francis, that's simply unreal. You bought a finished, manufactured product from RPM, right? Are they going to double tax you on it between the raw materials and the price yo paid for th finished product?

I wonder if they'll demand that you get a receipt for the iron ore that made your engine block, the scrap pop cans that built your intake? Same idea the frame isn't it? Doesn't help you at all, I know.

Wow, not looking forward to getting mine done but I might be a little luckier as I bought the chassis, body, and most of the suspension locally.

PM me Francis, and let me know where you live in our lovely state. I work with a shop here that's worked through these headaches and they may have a contact or two that can advise you or put you in touch with the right person in Jeff City.

Here in Indiana, I had to show enough receipts to make the build believable. I think I had about 4k in receipts and had to pay tax on the ones that I had not already paid tax on in Indiana (most of them!) when I got titled. It irked me, but I figured that's the one-time fee and it was worth it to get on the road. I didn't have to shown one for the steel, but I did need to explain that the engine and transmission came from a vehicle no longer on the road. They required me list the engine numbers from the tranny and engine block on the title request.

Hi Ben i have saved every receipt for every nut and bolt even paint. My doner car was a 1991 s10 and I have the title for it. I will keep everyone up to date on this.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back