Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello from SC

dmc3113

I have been reading the forum some time and thought I would introduce myself. I'm a 63 year old who is finally getting around to building my self another car. My last car was a "23 roadster I had in the seventies. It was torsion bar suspended in the front, coil over rear 9" Ford, 16" Hallcraft front wheels, 15"X 10" wires on the rear, 2'X3" tube frame. I used an AI body with a 20" bed. It was powered by a blown sbc w/400 turbo transmission. The basic frame design was from the Car Craft series that began in June 1967. I've added an album to my profile showing the new frame construction. This frame is 1 1/2 X 3. The construction is being done at Horton Race Cars in Belton, SC. My welding skills are limited so I do all the cutting and fitting and the tig welds are done by my long time friend J.Ed Horton. We are old AA/FD racers.

:welcome:Your off and running. Keep us posted on your progress and as always we like lots of pictures.

Eric

:welxome: to the friendliest bucket site!

Thanks to all. Some times I don't make too much progress, but I'll post some details shortly.

Danny

Welcome to the best T-Bucket site on the internet dmc3113.

dmc3113 The construction is being done at Horton Race Cars in Belton, SC. My welding skills are limited so I do all the cutting and fitting and the tig welds are done by my long time friend J.Ed Horton. We are old AA/FD racers.

Being an ex-AA/FD racer and admitting to being long time friends with J Ed Horton is indeed a dangerous statement. Ask him if he's ever been to Mountain view, Arkansas? I think I remember going though a cave with him.

George

welcome :ciao:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back