Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello from Sedalia, Mo.

Bikewrench68

Hello, Tom from missouri here. In the beginning I was dead set on a T-bucket. That was until I contacted the DMV here in missouri about registering a kit built car. Wow! Next to impossible. Plan B.- being a jeep guy I thought why not find a cj3-a with a title and build a T chassis and running gear under the cj. I was able to find a cj with a steel top complete with title. I've gathered a SBC, 700r4 and a ten bolt rear end from a suburban. I hope that it will be wide enough to run roadster style outside the tub. I'm planning on starting the build in March. I hope to learn and get much knowledge from the folks here. Thank you Tom

Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma !

Were nearly neighbors when you look at the big picture. I think if you order a frame kit, it will
come with a title in some cases, then you just need to transfer it to Missouri. I titled mine in
Oklahoma 1979 as an original 1920 T.

To the best of my knowledge , unless you buy a complete (new) car , the best you'll get is a
MSO and some states won't accept those ..

I was dead set on a T-bucket. That was until I contacted the DMV here in missouri about registering a kit built car. Wow! Next to impossible.

To the best of my knowledge , unless you buy a complete (new) car , the best you'll get is a

Well , I may be an exception to the rule, but Missouri allowed me to register my Spirit body/frame build as a replica vehicle, and I transferred the Arkansas title (from Spirit) to Missouri after allowing MHP to inspect my car, and then attach a new VIN plate - they have to attach it. All is well!

:unsure:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back