Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

help choosing front axle and spring

rodjr

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Im nearly finished building my youngster frame, I shortened and widened it a bit. I flipped the front spring perch and will mount the front spring over it instead of under. I want to use a spring over axle as i dont like the look of the front wheels way out in front of the radiator. I want it low but not slammed. planning to order kit with axle, hairpins, spring, etc, from speedway. question is 4" or 6" drop? I have no reference on how tall the spring is. In my case the bottom of the center of the spring will sit about center of the front frame tube. Thanks

Give Ron Pope [RPM] a call. He's one of the sponsors so you can get his number from his web site. Tell him what you're looking for and he will help you select the proper components. His price when I bought my stuff was better than Speedway's for much of the same stuff. You will not go wrong talking to Ron.

If you call Speedway you may get all answers from sales but if not they will send you to tech. Now each time you call you may end up with a different person. I have called Ron four times and spoke to him each time as he has been the only one to answer phone. To me that is worth it's weight in gold In a recent experience with speedway the tech guy gave me wrong part number after telling me sales staff were not "car" people like tech people were. They are just "regular" people according to him. Ron is a car guy and business owner so you are sure to get right parts. JMO
Rob

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back