Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Frame kick question

Brian W

I picked up a 24 foot stick of 2x3x3/16 for my frame yesterday. I’m adding 6 inches to the front of Youngsters frame dimensions as I plan to add 6 inches to my cowl.
I have a 3 inch front tube with a 2.5 drop perch mounted that I picked up from a guy who went a different direction. I’m running a spring over on a stock model axle, so I figured the 2.5 perch would help with lowering the front.
My question is, will I be ok with a 10 inch kick at 60 degrees for when it comes time to set my rear end? I plane to run an S10 rear with a posi convertion.

I have about a 7" kick in the rear at 60 degrees, using a Camaro 10-bolt. My front cross member is about 10" off the deck, with a "spring behind" setup.

G.jpg

What are you going to use for your rear suspension? What are you using in the back? P/U box, Turtle Deck, Bob Tail? You want the P/U Box and the Turtle Deck to 'match' the body, the higher the kick-up the more the frame will be into these areas. What does Youngster have on his plans?

What are you going to use for your rear suspension? What are you using in the back? P/U box, Turtle Deck, Bob Tail? You want the P/U Box and the Turtle Deck to 'match' the body, the higher the kick-up the more the frame will be into these areas. What does Youngster have on his plans?
The Younger plans show an 8 inch kick.

Do you have pictures of a Youngster T bucket? ( I'm sure Spanky does or he can find one pretty quickly) Do you like the stance? Just remember when you start changing things on a tried and trued set of plans, it might/will change things down the road. Space is a premium on these cars, so frame members taking up space in the bed where the fuel tank usually is can cut down on the size of the tank or the need for a custom tank. JMTCW

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back