Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Here to learn? or just to show off nice work?

Meh, it's just a matter of taking what Ted says with equal helpings of respect and skepticism. I've seen him give people some really sound advice. I've also seen him give people some really screwy advice. At the end of the day, this is an Internet discussion forum, something we all need to remember.

I guess I really don't understand what Post #38 was all about, particularly when you turn right around and say in Post #39 that you 'don't need these forums'. Seems like you had something to get off your chest in #38, so maybe you needed these forums more than you realized? I read what you've said one time and you make it seem as if you just needed to clear the air between yourself and Ted. I read it a second time and I get the impression you've decided to abandon these forums. Maybe it's just me, being my typical thick-heided self, I don't know. But I'm not sure whether I should be welcoming you back after a lengthy absence or seeing you off with best wishes for the future.

There have been people praying to see this site disappear for a long, long time. Naught new under the sun, and all that. But guess what? We're still here, we're still ranking better than any other T-Bucket forum site, we're still growing faster than any other T-Bucket site and we've still no plans to change any of it. I don't play sockpuppet games on other sites and I don't skulk around on the other sites to lure members and/or sponsors from those sites to this one. The people doing the praying don't have that same level of integrity, so it seems to me they're just praying for the wrong things. ;)

So, welcome back and please do take care of yourself, if we don't see you again.

bwahahhaa...... this is some funny shit here. Really... it really is. I can't believe I missed this pile of crap the first time it was dropped on the lawn, but I like clean shoes, so I'm glad I missed it.

When I first started my T, I was on 5 or 6 forums. I dropped one because the head man was on some off the wall agenda against a couple of companies in the automotive field. On another, they seemed to only care if you fit into a certain clique (old, fat, set in thier way and retired). Another one, just didn't talk about T's, so I lost interest. But another thing the ones I dropped had in common was... they spent a lot of time on threads whining about other people. Usually in a round about way.

When I found this site, it was by the craziest search. To this day, I don't know how it popped up. It had 4 members and that included the web master! But I loved it because we all "got" each other. Our ideas and thoughts usually were the same and when they were different, we had some really cool discussions.

As more members came, it got better. More people with experience in building and fabrication made it an awesome source of knowledge and motivation. So I stayed and enjoyed it. BUT along with the good, came the bad. An under growth of egos, self-pride and sometimes jealousy. And it SUCKED. But, a forum is a reflection of the world. It's composed of all sorts of people. How a person deals with it is thier own choice. Fight, flight or just wait and see. I don't fight and I can be patient, but I'm also okay with leaving when the smell gets too rancid.

So, here's what I've got and I'm sorry I took too long to get to the point.

If someone on here has a beef with someone else, for whatever reason, don't drop your shit where I might step in it! Send a PM and hash it out there. Share phone numbers and cry on the phone. Set a meeting up and pound eachothers brains out. BUT DON'T DROP YOUR SHIT ON THIS LAWN! It's taken too long to get this good.

Mike, when my situation gets better, I'll participate more. You folks with your under handed whining and bitching need to start your own forum. "Bitchin' & Whining". There's your name and it's not copyrighted.

Well Mike it's like this... I did take some time away from the sites.. Because of others on another site.... I then was asked again to start posting my stuff from many.... I came back to your site because I really never had a problem with anyone here... Made a post, Then started catching up on what everyone was up too... Then I ran across another one of these post about me.... Well just when you thought it was over....BAM !!!! Another one !!!!! Last thing I wanted to read... AGAIN !!!!

But you talk about sound advice... Well I just want you to Know this isn't the first car I build... I have been doing these my whole life as well as Mr.Ted... Now HIS way isn't the only way... I have Never had to fix ANYTHING I built for me Or anyone... Some may call it Luck... I don't think so... I haven't been around as long as ted.. But I have been doing this way long enough to know what work's and what doesn't.... So when you get asked to come back and post, And you get kicked over and over.. It will get to you sooner or later... It would be like you asking me for help then slapping me after I'm done helpping you.. Maybe you will get it,Maybe you won't... What some people need to learn.... Is when someone doesn't want to do things YOUR way... Don't go crying all over the web about it.... My God man... If I did that everytime someone didn't hear me out... I would have Shit all over the web..... BUT !!!! I'm not that way.... You don't want to hear what I have to say... OH WELL !!!! Life goes on.. GET OVER IT TED...

The things I do to cars has been working very well for many years..... I had to earn my name the hard way as well... And I did very good so far...

Mike is absolutely right--you're reopening a wound everyone else had forgotten about, just to tell us that you're the one who got hurt. It's been sixteen months since the original post. All of a sudden you're back just to tell us you're insulted? Gimme an effin break--the forum isn't about you, any more than it's about Ted. And spare us the all-caps shouting while you're at it.

bwahahhaa...... this is some funny shit here. Really... it really is. I can't believe I missed this pile of crap the first time it was dropped on the lawn, but I like clean shoes, so I'm glad I missed it.

When I first started my T, I was on 5 or 6 forums. I dropped one because the head man was on some off the wall agenda against a couple of companies in the automotive field. On another, they seemed to only care if you fit into a certain clique (old, fat, set in thier way and retired). Another one, just didn't talk about T's, so I lost interest. But another thing the ones I dropped had in common was... they spent a lot of time on threads whining about other people. Usually in a round about way.

When I found this site, it was by the craziest search. To this day, I don't know how it popped up. It had 4 members and that included the web master! But I loved it because we all "got" each other. Our ideas and thoughts usually were the same and when they were different, we had some really cool discussions.

As more members came, it got better. More people with experience in building and fabrication made it an awesome source of knowledge and motivation. So I stayed and enjoyed it. BUT along with the good, came the bad. An under growth of egos, self-pride and sometimes jealousy. And it SUCKED. But, a forum is a reflection of the world. It's composed of all sorts of people. How a person deals with it is thier own choice. Fight, flight or just wait and see. I don't fight and I can be patient, but I'm also okay with leaving when the smell gets too rancid.

So, here's what I've got and I'm sorry I took too long to get to the point.

If someone on here has a beef with someone else, for whatever reason, don't drop your shit where I might step in it! Send a PM and hash it out there. Share phone numbers and cry on the phone. Set a meeting up and pound eachothers brains out. BUT DON'T DROP YOUR SHIT ON THIS LAWN! It's taken too long to get this good.

Mike, when my situation gets better, I'll participate more. You folks with your under handed whining and bitching need to start your own forum. "Bitchin' & Whining". There's your name and it's not copyrighted.

I was just responding to what was started about me... I really don't think you can say I ever came here to start a fight.... If you don't understand where I'm coming from... Sorry... But I won't let ANYONE try to kick me around... Even on the web...

Mike is absolutely right--you're reopening a wound everyone else had forgotten about, just to tell us that you're the one who got hurt. It's been sixteen months since the original post. All of a sudden you're back just to tell us you're insulted? Gimme an effin break--the forum isn't about you, any more than it's about Ted. And spare us the all-caps shouting while you're at it.

I didn't open this to Make anyone mad... Just thought I was able to defend myself... I guess you wouldn't have done the same... But I see I should just let people post what they want about me on the web and say Nothing about it... Sorry I wasn't here to respond sooner.. If that would have made it better for you..

You built a neat car and you need to not worry about the cranky old people that are stuck in their ways. They are everywhere so you just need to ignore it if it bothers you. There are plenty of others that enjoyed/followed your build.

It's all good Jay... Just thought it was sad to keep reading this all over the web.. Because I built it the way I wanted to... Very sad... But I'm glade you was able to see it from my point..Thanks Jay.. Always good to hear from you..

I was just responding to what was started about me... I really don't think you can say I ever came here to start a fight.... If you don't understand where I'm coming from... Sorry... But I won't let ANYONE try to kick me around... Even on the web...

No reason to quote me, I wasn't responding to you. I was posting an observation. There's a whole lot of threads on this site FULL of this crap and it needs to be taken some where else. But getting pissed about something on the WEB? Really?

No reason to quote me, I wasn't responding to you. I was posting an observation. There's a whole lot of threads on this site FULL of this crap and it needs to be taken some where else. But getting pissed about something on the WEB? Really?

And you would let anyone get away with doing it to you... I can understand if it was a good enough reason... Come on man.. Because I didn't do what he said.. I guess everyone here built there cars the way others say to do it.. I don't think so..

What I'm saying is.... what does getting pissed and bringing it here accomplish? If you and who ever, have a beef... send a PM. Share phone numbers. Go to his house and call him out. Why do I need to know your pissed?

And if I got upset with every bad remark I heard on a website, I'd have pulled my hair out a long time ago. Welcome to the real world. Not everyone is going to like your car. How you deal with that defines who you are.

And if someone is thinking I should ignore the whining, I shouldn't have to ignore it and not post. It shouldn't be here to begin with.

...and it goes for me and everyone else. Let's get back to the damn hot rods.

Yea...... I'm going cruisin'. Just stopped raining. Maybe I'll find a damp spot and smoke my tires for a while. My tires still have nubs on 'em. I hate nubs.

Yea...... I'm going cruisin'. Just stopped raining. Maybe I'll find a damp spot and smoke my tires for a while. My tires still have nubs on 'em. I hate nubs.
Sounds good to me... When you hit it. And the smoke is flying... Yell out this ones for you No Limits !!!!:D

I learned a long time ago, it is best to take your frustration out on the secondaries of a Holley Carb, makes everything else seems so minute as you see the trees fly by you while you are the king of your machine motoring down the country road:thumbsup:

I learned a long time ago, it is best to take your frustration out on the secondaries of a Holley Carb, makes everything else seems so minute as you see the trees fly by you while you are the king of your machine motoring down the country road:thumbsup:

That's how I use to take it out when I owned these cars I built..:D
And this was only a few on them..
100_1996.jpg100_7999.JPGall pics 1826.jpg

I didn't open this to Make anyone mad... Just thought I was able to defend myself... I guess you wouldn't have done the same... But I see I should just let people post what they want about me on the web and say Nothing about it... Sorry I wasn't here to respond sooner.. If that would have made it better for you..
A member of this site once made an observation about a former member. I'm paraphrasing, but he said the former member had come into my house, had defecated on my carpet and then dedicated himself to loudly griping about the stink. I laughed, because that was an accurate description of how the former member had conducted himself.

This time around, I'm not laughing.

This ends. Here. Now.

nolimits, if Ted posted negatively about you on another forum, please do all of us a favor and take your quarrel to that forum. Ted posted his diatribe over 16 months ago. He identified no one by name, you brought all that negativity onto your own head. You roll in here after months of inactivity, decide to take offense at a long-dead thread and then try to justify your actions as being some sort of character defense? And we're not blind, that wasn't the only pot you were trying to stir. Like I said, this stink is now over. If that is unacceptable to you, scroll to the top of the page, click the link to Log Out and try to have a good life. Everyone is entitled to a mistake or two, so if that is what this was, I urge you to read the forum rules and guidelines page, as well as our terms of service page, and move forward. If you have a deeper agenda, then it is time for you to leave. If you cannot bring yourself to do either, I will be more than happy to oblige you. I always try to look at banning members as being undesirable, but I'm not going to allow one bad apple spoil the entire bushel.

If it's alright with the rest of you, I'm going to get back to the more important facets of this forum. You know, stuff like trying to see people get their questions answered, helping people understand how to use forum functions, trying to keep spammers off the site, keeping the site secure and praying for Youngster. That OK with everyone?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back