Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hey chassis boys, Part II... what I learned.

I put a XJ in mine and it is a CCR frame. Got all the necessary brackets from CCR to convert over from a Curry Ford 9" to the XJ. I, like Lee, did not narrow the rear end. I plan on running it the way it is for a year (just got wheels back on the ground this evening) and then take everything apart and make decision about narrowing or deeper backset rims and chrome of the LCAs and halfshafts.

I put a XJ in mine and it is a CCR frame. Got all the necessary brackets from CCR to convert over from a Curry Ford 9" to the XJ. I, like Lee, did not narrow the rear end. I plan on running it the way it is for a year (just got wheels back on the ground this evening) and then take everything apart and make decision about narrowing or deeper backset rims and chrome of the LCAs and halfshafts.

You will both enjoy the wider stance when you go to the Tail of The Dragon! I guarentee it!!
Mtn. driving is a lot more fun, faster than you will expect, if the front end doen't push in high speed cornering. Wider tires on front help with that.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back