Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Holly Molley !!!!!

Duke

On start-up I had a pin hole in my Transmission oil cooler, changed it out today. Made some runs around the block a few times. My Gawd - what a rush, tap the gas just alittle and it jumps like a frog, push alittle harder and the front gets lite, the rear lights up and " KABOW " it is like coming out of a cannon. Took 5 minutes to get my butt to let go of the seat and the smile on my face almost hurt. Going to the DMV Monday to get this thing on the road, got my VIN# and all the paper work ready to go. Man - what a kick in the butt. :D:D:D:funmeter2::rofl:

For pictures check out my gallery, I will post some when I get new ones.
For the VIN# I went with Spirit and they can issue VIN# for there cars, they have a procedure you have to do but it is easy, Check out there web site for more info on Spirit cars and VIN#. B.H. I know you are in Oregon also, and on my 38 Chevy Pu I didn't have a title or VIN# because I made it from a collection of parts I had collected. To get the VIN# on it I had to get a form from the DMV and then make an appointment with the State Police to come and inspect the vehicle for a VIN#. Once they find none they certify " No VIN# Found " on the form from the DMV. Then I had to take the form, and Vehicle, plus all paper work for parts along with pictures of different stages of construction. Once that was done the DMV issued a VIN#, Title and registration. Lots of hoops to jump thru.

Hey Duke, that's why there was a bright glow off to the west today. Congrats

Ron

WAY TO GO, DUKE!:rofl: Bubba, I know your smilin' big as the Grand Canyon and will be for a while. Congrats, man! Ain't nuthin like it in the world.

I can definately identify with the feeling of finally getting it on the road. I had made a few around the block trips as well looking out the front and back of the car at the same time to see if I was being followed by the police. ha ha Then had to go through the getting it titled, tagged and insured. Seemed like it took forever. All that finally got done and went for my first legel ride. What a trip. I drove all over town. I had the wife with me and we even stopped at The local Drive In. We kept getting all those little grins from the other drivers and a few thumbs up. After driving around town for a couple of hours, I started having a little mechanical trouble. Made it home ok, but somehow got some dirt in the fuel system and it started plugging the fuel filter, but it still didn't ruin my day or my entheusiam for ridding in the little car.

Have fun, I sure am..........

Hank

It never seem to matter how many times you gothru this process, each time is just as awesome as the first one. That first ride in the monster you created is priceless.:rofl::hooray::D

Ron

Duke said:
For pictures check out my gallery, I will post some when I get new ones.
For the VIN# I went with Spirit and they can issue VIN# for there cars, they have a procedure you have to do but it is easy, Check out there web site for more info on Spirit cars and VIN#. B.H. I know you are in Oregon also, and on my 38 Chevy Pu I didn't have a title or VIN# because I made it from a collection of parts I had collected. To get the VIN# on it I had to get a form from the DMV and then make an appointment with the State Police to come and inspect the vehicle for a VIN#. Once they find none they certify " No VIN# Found " on the form from the DMV. Then I had to take the form, and Vehicle, plus all paper work for parts along with pictures of different stages of construction. Once that was done the DMV issued a VIN#, Title and registration. Lots of hoops to jump thru.

Thank's Duke !! I shouldn't have any trouble then, If I ever get that far.......:rofl: I got lots of build pics, and tons of reciepts and paper. Good luck with the fine folks behind the counter, and don't forget to "Take a number" !! "BH"

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back