Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

How much is too much?

Don't get me wrong, I admire them all. I'm just looking for something a little different. Flat head, nail head, straight 8, 6 or even four. Just different than what I've normally done. That isn't to say that I don't enjoy seeing a really flashy powerhouse! I drool every time that I do!
Hit the nail on the head for me Jack. I too wanted something different which is why I went with the slant 6. Sure I wish I could have the sound of a V8 and enough power to break the tires loose but this car with it's straight 6 has been a blast, especially around the dirt track. I always wanted to build a hot rod with a straight 8. I always enjoy listening to this video of this 1927 straight 8 Delage. The beginning talks about the engine, driving starts at 1:24

Gives me goosebumps every time I hear it haha

Hit the nail on the head for me Jack. I too wanted something different which is why I went with the slant 6. Sure I wish I could have the sound of a V8 and enough power to break the tires loose but this car with it's straight 6 has been a blast, especially around the dirt track. I always wanted to build a hot rod with a straight 8. I always enjoy listening to this video of this 1927 straight 8 Delage. The beginning talks about the engine, driving starts at 1:24

Very cool!

I've seen video of you racing yours. Very cool!

I've been a Hemi fan since I could drive
(brother's shop car '51 Chevy 4 Dr with a 392 Chrysler and push button trans). Love the torque. My build has a '56 Desoto 330, .30 over with a mild Racer Brown reground cam.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back