Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

how to do interior.

This is one of my favorite threads and both you guys did top notch work. The fit and finish is perfect.

Is there a range for the rake angle that's smart to use? I would hate to screw it up and have a car that's uncomfortable to drive.

Mike

105 degrees from the seat bottom to the back works well. tilt the bottom up10 to 15 degrees for even more comfort.

Ron

The easiest way that I can tell you, Mike, is to take a good look at the seat in your everyday driver. You will see that the seat bottom goes at an upward angle from the backrest and the backrest leand back at a slight rearward angle. These angles are the rake angle of your seat. (Use an angle finder to determine this angle for yourself.) Many guys do not take this into consideration when building a seat. You will see where the seat bottom is perfectly horizontal or the backrest is vertical or both are incorrect. Any one of those angles being off can make for a very uncomfortable ride, especially on a long one. And when your back hurts, you just hurt all over!

Jim

I figured out the bottom and back rake similar to how ex-junk did it. One important note is to sit in and try out the seat after it has been foamed but before it is upholstered. This is the time to make any changes. My upholsterer called me when the seat was ready and he did one trunk and door panel. I was able sit in the car and make sure we didn't need to add and foam support or that the seat was uncomfortable. I sat in the car for about 15 minutes as we chatted. I ended up adding a small amount of foam for additinal lumbar support. I was also able to check the panels and the rest of the installation and make some minor tweaks.

Upholstery job prices vary, but when you drop any amount of coin, you want to make sure you are getting what you asked for and agreed on.

Brrrrrr. And i woke up grumpy because it's dropped down to 61 and it's windy.
050.jpg

That's a beautiful interior.

IMG_0818.jpg

I got badly sunburned today at the Billetproof Drags.
icon_eek.gif
laugh.gif

Sorry, we Florida guys are required by law to rub it in as often as possible,
laugh.gif
:wow:

Don

Tell me about it. We were in Disney World the second week of October and the heat was miserable. Record highs in the 90's all week. I walked outside at 6 in the morning and it was like walking into sauna.

Doug

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back