Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

I lost a friend yesterday.

Old Rotor Flap

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Last night when I got in, my wife told me a friend had lost his life in a motorcycle accident.

Since then I've lost a bunch of sleep, I can't seem to concentrate on my duties and have shed a bunch of tears.

Joe was a hero to me. He just get back from one of his many trips in and out of Afganistan where he worked for.... well, that doesn't matter.

At thirty seven, he was one with movie star good looks and very physically fit - he did personal training for clients here at home..

He is survived by his wife who is probably the most stunning beautiful and intelligent woman I have ever met and two gorgeous children,

To me, this was the all American family, ethical, conservative, intelligent and caring - a hero for serving our country and a dedicated family man.

We have all been through this or we will receive similar news sometime in the future.

Writing this is part of my therapy. I'm angry, sad, avengeful, stricken, humbled, and don't know how to handle my grief.

Yes, I know life goes on, but why Joe? I've now have known twelve friends killed on bikes.

To aid my healing, I've written this in the forum, It's isn't necessary to add any comments at all.

And, thank you for sharing this time with me.

Doug

Wow, sorry for the loss to all his family and friends, its always the hardest on the ones left behind.

Sorry to hear about your loss, I know it's hard to deal with.

I thought I lost it a couple of months ago myself. Girl ran a red light texting while driving and T Boned me on my three day old bike.

One hell of a hit right behind my left leg, and I might not be here if I hadn't gunned it when I did. People just don't pay attention.

Then again, we never know when it's our time.

I think in times like this I remember my father's best friend saying when his time was near, "looking back I wouldn't change one thing. We had a lot of fun."

(As a spiritual person I say this, not preaching... just expressing a belief) We are put here for a purpose, and when our time comes we should be thankful for what was given us and be thankful for what we believe comes after death.

From the Earth we came and to the Earth we all must inevitably return... Still doesn't mean we won't miss our friends and family that are no longer with us.

Time heals the hurt, and as long as we have those happy memories our dearly departed are still with us.

I know there's really not too much a person can do or say. I rode motorcycles for years. It's a whole different way of life.

We all share the same wind. The wind belongs to God. Two years ago, I lost a nephew. He was riding his motorcycle

in San Jose traffic. A car broad-sided him. I would have liked to have known him better. He was an Eagle Scout and died at 21 years

old. He loved motorcycles. I don't know, there's a high to it. Always an empty spot in our souls. Part of the pain, losing

someone so young is all the life we miss with that person, searching for answers. We can gain strength through just

never forgetting the soul that has moved to a higher space. Bob Nunes

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back