Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

i need money

Tbucit said:
Not to be a kilroy but maybe if you need to find a way to finance a project you should wait and get other things in order before getting into this "hobby". Not to be an A?? or anything but put a few bucks together and get started but going in a hole for a hobby may not be your best investment. Now this is just my own opinion!

Randall

Good advice! Wish I had started spending less than I make 20 years ago so I gould be retired now building my T instead of saving and working to build my dream again.

Try a home equity loan, or if you have an IRA or mutual fund and you are 59 1/2 use part of that. If you aren't that old taxes and penalties are a consideration. Have you considered a complete car first? Banks like complete cars better than boxes with Spirit Ind. on them. Buy one, drive it and if you still want to build after a year or two you have a bit of equity and a better idea of what you want.

Howdy, I have my insurance on my T Bucket with Hagerty and I got an e-mail from them the other day offering to finance my t bucket I just traded for and the terms looked pretty good, I didn't know they offered this service and if they are as easy to work with on this as they are on getting your car insured it should be pretty easy, Eddie :cool:

Don't go into debt for one of these. In these times things are bad enough without taking on another bill. Buy in pieces as you can afford it. :)

butch27 said:
Don't go into debt for one of these. In these times things are bad enough without taking on another bill. Buy in pieces as you can afford it. :)

Why not go in debt? Its the American way. People buy all kinds of toys on credit every day. Motorcycles, boats, jet skis, snow mobiles, all kinds of things.

Something some of you aren't considering is maybe this guy doesn't have a car payment of any sort so that he can afford to pay for one of these. While I'll agree going into debt for a deprecating asset isn't the best idea these cars tend to gain value. IF the op has a budget in mind and doesn't mind making the payment I say go for it.
I could own one heck of a bucket with what I pay a month on my truck.:)

butch27 said:
This is how we do things here! Im lucky enough to have some talent and a place to work and a little time. If I cant afford it I build it. Even if I can afford it I usually build what I can just to save a nickel. If I cant build it I gotta save my pennies. Swap meets, flea markes ebay, whatever it takes..But never shortcut safety for money...

I figured I would just polish each piece as I go. That way I'm kinda polish while I pay deal. In the end I'm just going to die and give everything to the other kid anyway. Like I always say, My 12 year old and I are building his 18th. birthday present.

not everyone finances everything. M grandpa taught me from when I was just a kid that if you dont have enough in your pocket then you dont need it. Cash is king and I am pretty darn happy with my FICA score of 0

chop said:
not everyone finances everything. M grandpa taught me from when I was just a kid that if you dont have enough in your pocket then you dont need it. Cash is king and I am pretty darn happy with my FICA score of 0
:thumbsup:

If ya want one bad enough, you'll find a way to finace it. Once you have one, you'll never look back.

Ron

I am doing mine the easy way...ok, so I am living in the dark with no water or heat, but I'm building a T bucket:lol:.

trouble at t bucket nationals need bail money asap
DSC_00072.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back