Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

I need some help with a color.

I finally made it home so I could go get a few better pics.

Here is how the engine is coming along. I am using FE adapters on my Windsor motor. The VC's need to be painted yet but this will give you an better idea on what it will look like. We are going to do the FORD script in white.

It's slowly coming along. Got the valve covers painted red. Still have to do the FORD script in white. Also got the smaller MSD distributor installed today along with the new March alt bracket. The old bracket mounted the alt on top and distracted from the engine IMO.

Does anyone have any suggestions on capping the radiator hose outlet? I have tried vacuum style caps but they deteriorate and leave you stranded when they let go. My current ugliness is a piece of heater hose that is plugged and i would prefer to put something nicer back on.

Are you asking about the heater hose outlet? if so the hose nipple will come out of the water pump. Measure if 5/8 or 3/4 nipple before you remove it, pickup at local parts house a cup and a disc type core plug. Install cup plug first the install disc plug up side down so you have convex looking plug. JB weld it in and paint.

Are you asking about the heater hose outlet? if so the hose nipple will come out of the water pump. Measure if 5/8 or 3/4 nipple before you remove it, pickup at local parts house a cup and a disc type core plug. Install cup plug first the install disc plug up side down so you have convex looking plug. JB weld it in and paint.

Yes the heater hose outlet. What is the best way to pull the original nipple out without wrecking the pump? Once it is gone I could just tap the pump and put in an aluminum plug as well.

Use a small chisel to collapse the side of the tube , then you should be able to use a vise grip and pull it out. Might have to use a hammer on vise grip to pull it out.

I see I missed a plug there. I did not realize there were 3 holes you were looking to plug.

There is two outlets on the pump. One 3/4" to the heater core (which I do not have) and one 5/8" to the thermostat housing (bypass). I just need to plug the one to the heater core.

Did Ford ever have valve covers with Thunderbird Special on them for the FE Engine like they had on the Y-Block (292/312)? That would be Cool.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back