Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

If you don't see it here it doesn't exist..... site

I saw the image of Gerry's car at the LA Roadster Show in 2010. They were selling t-shirts that were black. One of the t-shirts had the car in yellow and you could also buy a t-shirt with the car in red. The car has a different look than anything I've ever seen, very easy to spot. They were also selling calendars. It was easy to remember because the words spelled out "Phat's T- buckets 2010 LA Roadster Show".

I recieved a set of my plans from a guy in Canada in the mail today. Cost me $12.51 plus $4.37 postage. When they copied them they just covered the paragraph where I wrote that they where to be free to anyone who wanted them.

Can't hepl but to wonder what my bank account would look like if I had charged $12 a piece for them. Oh well ... that's not why I put the set together.

Ron

I recieved a set of my plans from a guy in Canada in the mail today. Cost me $12.51 plus $4.37 postage. When they copied them they just covered the paragraph where I wrote that they where to be free to anyone who wanted them.

Can't hepl but to wonder what my bank account would look like if I had charged $12 a piece for them. Oh well ... that's not why I put the set together.

Ron
Ron, did you purchase the plans to see what they were or how they were represented? Did you know they were copies of your original plans? Lastly, what will you do? Sent them a nasty note? Evoke international intellectual property laws ???
At the very least I would send them a note, probably wont be answered. I think the most frustrating thing for me would be that they are profiting from your plans and have no problem receiving money for it. I could go on, but I wont.

John

I used to sell a set of plans for a Flame Cutting Machine and had this admonishment included:

JUST A WORD ABOUT COPYING PLANS

In this day and age of copy machines in every corners convenience store, the copying of copyrighted plans is no big trick. Even though we have the lawful right to prevent anyone from doing this, we have neither the time, resources, or desire to do that.

Instead, we ask that you respect the time and energy that was put into this plan set by the author and not allow others to copy this information. We hope that you feel that the price that you paid was fair and that you have received full value for your dollar. We encourage you to let others inspect the plans if they are interested in this tool project. We would appreciate it if you would encourage them to purchase their own set.

If someone copies these plans, he is only depriving the author of a sale. If they borrow them from you to copy and never return them, they are stealing property that was purchased with your hard earned dollars.

Could this be the same person who didn’t returned the tool he borrowed a couple of years ago?

I have no plans to do anything but to ask they to stop selling them. If they do, fine. If they don't, I feel for those who buy them when they could have had them for free.

As i was once told, "Locks just keep honest people honest."

Ron

Ron

Ron: Is this the same place that is ripping off CCR plans and Spirit's plans on Ebay? I can't believe that they are openly selling others drawings and work! They have Spirits frame plan for sale that still has "Buckethead Bash" logo on it! Pretty sad :(

Look at poor Gerry deprived time and money all gone, and all the years, --same thing with him!

Ron: Is this the same place that is ripping off CCR plans and Spirit's plans on Ebay? I can't believe that they are openly selling others drawings and work! They have Spirits frame plan for sale that still has "Buckethead Bash" logo on it! Pretty sad :(
[/quote]

yup Ben ... that's the one.

Ron

Well I have just checked p51 and the pics of the yella fella seem to have disappeared.
Now I need to contact the organizers of the LA Show and see what they have to say about one of the vendors that attended breaking copyright. May even post on the porky site to see if anyone can help. This has really pi**ed me off.
Gerry

PS Thanks for the heads up guys. Also does'nt this infringe the TBucketeers copyright, Mike?

A few years ago I saw t-shirts with the orange T Dan built. A few months later I saw two other shirts with the same car only one was red and one was green. You might want to check to see if it's truely your cars image or not.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back