Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Ignition wiring diagram

KPoole9008

I am about ready to start on my ignition and am thinking of using a Pentronix point replacement in my distributor and an electronic ignition box from Summit Racing. Has anyone used this setup and if so, how did it work? I could use a wiring diagram for the setup. I will be running a tunnel ram and two 500 Edelbrock carbs on a 290 HP 350 Chevy engine. I am thinking if I shut off the idle circuit on the front carb along with progressive linkage and use the electric ignition maybe I won't have a problem with the engine running too rich and fouling plugs. What do you think?

I am about ready to start on my ignition and am thinking of using a Pentronix point replacement in my distributor and an electronic ignition box from Summit Racing. Has anyone used this setup and if so, how did it work? I could use a wiring diagram for the setup. I will be running a tunnel ram and two 500 Edelbrock carbs on a 290 HP 350 Chevy engine. I am thinking if I shut off the idle circuit on the front carb along with progressive linkage and use the electric ignition maybe I won't have a problem with the engine running too rich and fouling plugs. What do you think?

I don't think you'll need the summit electronic ignition box--the pertronix conversion and coil is all you'll need. I have a pertronix kit in my distributor on my 302 ford with dual 500's and progressive linkage. No issue with fouling plugs. I would recommend that you adjust the linkage so the second carb only kicks in at full throttle... that way there will be no loading up of that carb.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back