Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

In light of the problems with another auction...

GAB

...I thought it might be a good idea to assure bidders of the Tubing Notcher auction that it is fact a ready to go item. Here is the actual product that the high bidder will have shipped to him just as soon as I receive word that the payment has been received by the administrator. I'm paying the freight.

AuctionJig-A-Joint.jpg

The bidding closes tomorrow at midnight, so there is still time to get a bid in on this tool.

I also have already auctioned off an item that went really well. Recieved payment and bidder recieved item no problem. That I know of.

Yes we have had quite a few auctions on here and all went well. It only takes one bad apple to spoil it all.

But we at RPM will make it all right.

Remember what goes around comes around!:cry:

RPM said:
Yes we have had quite a few auctions on here and all went well. It only takes one bad apple to spoil it all.

But we at RPM will make it all right.

Remember what goes around comes around!:cry:

Man I hope I'm not the bad apple, my payment did go through right?LOL

GAB said:
...I thought it might be a good idea to assure bidders of the Tubing Notcher auction that it is fact a ready to go item. Here is the actual product that the high bidder will have shipped to him just as soon as I receive word that the payment has been received by the administrator. I'm paying the freight.

AuctionJig-A-Joint.jpg

The bidding closes tomorrow at midnight, so there is still time to get a bid in on this tool.

Hey GAB, what amp rating is the drill and what range of hole saws does it come with? LOL
Just kidding. It's almost ready to go? batteries not included?
Sos

Sos, The bidding is still open until midnite tonight. Somebody might step up here and beat you. :cry: Guess that I forgot to say that that is CST.

If you are the winner, or whoever else is, it looks like a bunch of us owe you a big thank you for keeping this site alive for another month. (Only 57% of the donation goal has been reached as of now and we are about out of month)

Mike told me the auctions arte not included in the donation bar because a product is actually being sold. So he can't really include it but it does help keep the site alive even though they are not listed.

What? A product is NOT being sold, it's being donated. Why does it matter how the money gets to him. Money to Mike is money to Mike. That doesn't seem right to me.

David

RexRod said:
What? A product is NOT being sold, it's being donated. Why does it matter how the money gets to him. Money to Mike is money to Mike. That doesn't seem right to me.

David
There could be some legal issues with this though.

RPM said:
No Sos you ain't no bad apple that is for sure. I'll call you later this week!
I'll be in Houston learning new tricks all week, so if you call, call my cell after 6:00Pm
Sos

GAB said:
Sos, The bidding is still open until midnite tonight. Somebody might step up here and beat you. :) Guess that I forgot to say that that is CST.

If you are the winner, or whoever else is, it looks like a bunch of us owe you a big thank you for keeping this site alive for another month. (Only 57% of the donation goal has been reached as of now and we are about out of month)

I feel special now! Thanks GAB. LOL
I actually might have a use for the tool now.
either way is cool by me.

Well, midnite has come and gone so it looks like Humidi-T is the winner of the Tubing Notcher auction.

All that I need is the word from the administrator and an address and it will hit the brown truck. I have your business address but will need one for your residence if that is where you want it to go.

Congrats to Sos!

GAB said:
Well, midnite has come and gone so it looks like Humidi-T is the winner of the Tubing Notcher auction.

All that I need is the word from the administrator and an address and it will hit the brown truck. I have your business address but will need one for your residence if that is where you want it to go.

Congrats to Sos!

work address is fine.
150 Sugarmill Rd.
New Iberia, La 70563

I'll post payment today,

Payment has been received.

The Auction sub-forum has been closed for any new postings. I don't want to seem unappreciative, because that is not the case. However there have been a couple of problems that have cropped up as a result of the auctions and life is already troublesome enough for all of us.

If any of you want to sell items and donate to the forums, I certainly thank you for your generosity. But I am removing myself from the midst of these exchanges.

I had been looking at the possibility of adding a classified ad script to the forum, but those plans have been put on hold for the time being. The company that now owns Jelsoft (the developers of the vBulletin forum script) is making some ugly sounds about changing their sales and licensing policies. There is a new upgrade to the forum script that is about to go into alpha testing. Once it passes through pre-release testing, it will apparently be sold as an entirely new package (which it most certainly is not) and the contractual agreement of making upgrades available for an annual license renewal fee are going to be set aside. As you can imagine, I'm not too excited about having to pay for something I have already paid for, so I'm examining my options.

I can simply leave the forums as-is, running the software we are currently using. As time goes by, the crackers will successfully develop methods to crack the security of the package, so that is not an attractive alternative. I take a lot of pride in offering members of this site a secure platform and running risks is not something I want to do.

I can turn around and pay the price for an allegedly new software package from Jelsoft. I have already paid a licensing fee and one of the reasons for paying that amount was knowing I would always be able to upgrade for the cost of the annual renewal. I feel as if I have bought a car and the dealer is now knocking on my door to tell me I need to pay more to keep the car.

I can convert the forums to another forum software platform. This will also require purchasing a new license, obviously. I've been examining the Invision Power Services package and it does seem to be a good one. But we would lose things like our current photo gallery, our articles system and our search engine optimization script.

There are some free software packages available, but I've been testing them in some restricted directories and none of them are very encouraging.

I don't particularly care for any of my options. And I don't know what direction we're going to take. Stay tuned...

Ron and I sold the Mini T for $450.00 I will be sending you a ck. Also my offer that we talked about before is still good.

B.C. said:
Ron and I sold the Mini T for $450.00 I will be sending you a ck. Also my offer that we talked about before is still good.
can/will you post pics of it so us unfortunate ones that didnt get a chance to see it can?!

Auction item has been shipped. If tracking number is needed, let me know. It should arrive on Thursday.

Sorry for contributing to the auction problems!

GAB said:
Auction item has been shipped. If tracking number is needed, let me know. It should arrive on Thursday.

Sorry for contributing to the auction problems!

George, I know that you werent a problem contributor!

Mike,

Sorry for the troubles with Jelsoft. What some of these companies don't get is most online communities are not in existance to make money. We just want to have a safe place to meetup and have some fun. ;)

I've also been playing with IP.Board from Invision here at home on a little LAMP server I have running on my desktop. I don't know what Invisions fees are, but it seems like a nice forum package. It even has a really nice photo galary called IP.Gallery that fits seemlessly inside IP.Board. I would even bet you could migrate all the user data and images from the present tool you use, over to IP.Board.

Of course, all of this stuff is way over my head, and I'm lucky to even get it to run. :eek:

Just my two pennies.

David

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back