Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

In light of the problems with another auction...

GAB said:
Sorry for contributing to the auction problems!
No, you absolutely did no such thing.

RexRod said:
I've also been playing with IP.Board from Invision here at home on a little LAMP server I have running on my desktop. I don't know what Invisions fees are, but it seems like a nice forum package. It even has a really nice photo galary called IP.Gallery that fits seemlessly inside IP.Board. I would even bet you could migrate all the user data and images from the present tool you use, over to IP.Board.

As it stands, the forum can easily be ported over to IPB. However the gallery might be an issue. The site would likely be down for the best part of a day as the databse conversion was being made, but it's not like that is the end of the world.

I've used the IPB demo a couple of times and while it seems pretty foreign to me, I'm not ruling it out as an option. I learned how vB works, so I'm sure I can sort IPB if it comes to that.

I've got countless hours in tweaking templates for the search engines and that coupled with the vBSEO script (that had a hefty price tag of its own) are not something I really want to leave behind. There are a couple of SEO scripts for IPB, but they're definitely not in the same league at all. Either way, it will require a complete re-indexing by the search engines. <sigh>

The issue with Internet Brands (the company that now owns Jelsoft) is becoming more of a matter of business ethics than anything else.

Do we have any members that are extremely familiar with Invision forums? I've been considering adding another one or two staff members and if anyone is familiar with the backroom of Invision forums, that might be a plus.

Mike said:
Do we have any members that are extremely familiar with Invision forums? I've been considering adding another one or two staff members and if anyone is familiar with the backroom of Invision forums, that might be a plus.

I wish I knew more, I'd be happy to help. I'm only just now trying to learn about all this forum stuff, so I'm not sure how much I could contribute. I'm sure there is a IP.Board "Forum," that you could ask away on (HA! that's funny, a forum on forums....).

Take care,

David

GAB said:
Auction item has been shipped. If tracking number is needed, let me know. It should arrive on Thursday.

There really was no hurry my friend. I'll be out of town until monday. No tracking number is needed on my end.

Gab
I only wish I could have bid, but 1 Ihave an elcheepo notcher and 2 I'm broke!
:D

I know that I was partly to blame for the auction issues, first with a late payment and secondly with paypal problems. Firstly, I would like to stand my corner and say that my Dads health issues diverted my mind and secondly, I'd forgotten how difficult paypal can be when a signing in problem occurs.

I hope you can accept my whole hearted apologies for the late payment and assure you all that my intentions were good when I made the pledge...you did get the dough in the end, albeit a couple of weeks late.

Apologies again and time to move on I hope.

Andy

andy fadster said:
I know that I was partly to blame for the auction issues, first with a late payment and secondly with paypal problems. Firstly, I would like to stand my corner and say that my Dads health issues diverted my mind and secondly, I'd forgotten how difficult paypal can be when a signing in problem occurs.

I hope you can accept my whole hearted apologies for the late payment and assure you all that my intentions were good when I made the pledge...you did get the dough in the end, albeit a couple of weeks late.

Apologies again and time to move on I hope.

Andy

Andy NO PROBLEM here with me. I agree 110% family first.

Say how is yor dad anyway? I hope all is well.

He's been given a drug beginning with dip... something, apparently it is like warferine in as much as it thins out the blood. A small blockage caused by build up in the main carotid artery was slowing flow to the brain and that lead to the TIA strokes he was suffering.

Pleased to say the drugs are working really well, he's had no further attacks and he's been signed off by his consultant....even got his driving license back so he's as pleased as punch.

Thanks for your thoughts and concern Ron, worrying time but hopefullyt thats behind us now.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back