Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Indy World of Wheels

benT

Just got back from setting up my car display and the shop display at the Indy World of Wheels (this weekend). Anyone here planning on attending or showing? We're in the main Blue Ribbon building so stop by and say hi!

I gotta say, I'ver never done an indoor show event and probably never will again. Way too much work! I've spent way too much time polishing and cleaning every little square inch of the '27 the last few weeks. I wet sanded, buffed, and polished the body, cleaned the whole undercarriage, re-polished the exhaust, installed a new windshield, and made new air cleaners! I'm tired of cleaning/polishing and I'm ready for some good weather for cruising!!!!

Here is a shot after we set the car up:

DSCF2092.jpg

Your car looks good, should do well. What do you have underneath, is that a carpet?

Bruce

Your car looks good, should do well. What do you have underneath, is that a carpet?

Bruce

Yeah...I'm too cheap to "rent" the crappy carpet they have to offer. I got a carpet rep buddy of mine to get me these carpet squares. They are 3'-0" x 3'-0" so they are easy to lay. I like the mid century mod pattern too...a little interest while not taking away from the car.

Very nice, Ben, clean and simple so as not to detract from your well built, great looking car. As you know, I'm no fan of what I call "flash and trash".

Jim

Very cool Ben :hoist:

Sorry, I meant to say Ben :blush:

The 'Purple Powder Machine' '23 has stalled a bit as we've been extremely busy in the shop the last few months and we've spent some time getting my car ready for World of Wheels. Now that it is behind us, we're going to get back on it. Currently we have the engine finished up--a bit out of sequence, but we are using a spare engine for mockup. We have also built the perimeter frame and will be starting the frame brackets and hairpins. We've also finished cutting/smoothing the front I-beam axle and spindles (Ford F1) and will be starting the drilling process on the beam. I'm taking a lot of pics, so I will have some process photos to start a build page soon. This is a budget build for my uncle Dennis, who also works in our shop. That is him the last pic ready for cruising! Here is a few teaser pics:

DSC00225.jpg

DSCF0087.jpg

PurplePowder30.jpg

PurplePowder40.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back