Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Interesting...

EX JUNK

...I mentioned in my earlier, Florida Roadster post, about going to Gary Moore's "man cave." Well, just outside the back door of his "cave" is the dirty work area. There I found this very interesting little project that Gary has started. It originally belonged to a wealthy plantation owner and is a 1910 Model T that he had two custom bodies built for, one for summer and one for winter. The winter body being a closed body as opposed to the open one that was for summer.

As you can see in the picture, Gary has the winter body which he has started on. It is constructed with copper clad steel body panels over a wooden framework and the copper panels are trimmed with aluminum strips. The frame work and suspension have been started and he has a little Dodge Red Ram hemi with four deuces scheduled for installation. When done, he'll have a VERY unique T.

IMG_1526.jpg

Jim

Very cool body, a cross from a horse drawn buggy and one of the first automobiles, neat design

really cool looks like a tall t with curves.

Up untill the mid '30's you could order a chassis from Ford and have a coachbuilder make a body. Most ofen the chassis would be fitted with a delivery or huckstyer body as Ford didn't offer anything like that 'til '28.

Ron

That is one unique body! The curved roof really sets it off!

Now THAT'S something you don't see every day.

I really like the radius Rods. Does someone make them like that or should I call my welder?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back