Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Interior ideas pic request

Chopzini

Hey Guys,

Just got in to my frist rod here yesterday from a guy on the board its a 1927 t bucket and looking for interior ideas. Any pics would be great thanks in advance.

Chop

Glad to see you came over to this forum. The one you were posting this on is a good forum, but not really T bucket oriented sometimes. However, now that I look at the pictures you posted in your other thread, yours would fit in, it is very traditional.

Well, here are a couple of pictures of my interior the day I brought it home from the upholstery shop. To be honest, I am not nuts about the way he did it, but it is serviceable at least, so I am keeping it. Plus, the price was ok. I left instructions I wanted rolls and pleats and thought every upholsterer in the world knew what that meant........evidently I was not clear enough. But it is ok, and my car is just a driver anyway.

Don

Tjustbackfromupholsteryshop005.jpg

Tjustbackfromupholsteryshop007-2.jpg

donsrods said:
Glad to see you came over to this forum. The one you were posting this on is a good forum, but not really T bucket oriented sometimes. However, now that I look at the pictures you posted in your other thread, yours would fit in, it is very traditional.

Well, here are a couple of pictures of my interior the day I brought it home from the upholstery shop. To be honest, I am not nuts about the way he did it, but it is serviceable at least, so I am keeping it. Plus, the price was ok. I left instructions I wanted rolls and pleats and thought every upholsterer in the world knew what that meant........evidently I was not clear enough. But it is ok, and my car is just a driver anyway.

Don

Tjustbackfromupholsteryshop005.jpg

Tjustbackfromupholsteryshop007-2.jpg

Thanks Don, Your windshield set looks awesome too man. I got a lot of learning to do but thats why I choose I rod over another bike this round, kinda going for that traditional ratted out look its what drew me into the car.

Chopzini said:
...but thats why I choose I rod over another bike this round, kinda going for that traditional ratted out look its what drew me into the car.

I don know if this is the style you are going in, but I never pass an opportunity to post a picture :eek:

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

and yes... I should have vacuumed the floor before taking the pictures! :eek:

Here's some photos of Ex-Junks '27
jimsinterior3.jpg

couple more....
jimsinterior1.jpg

jimsinterior2.jpg

DON, I think your interior is REAL nice. Wouldn't mind have there in mine. I like the low seats and I like the carpeted tunnel between the seats. That looks KILLER to me. I'm sure you can find flaws in it since its yours but it looks dam good to me.

Thanks, but it was the first T bucket interior the shop had done, they normally do replacement interiors for new car dealers........insurance jobs. I went to the shop when he was 1/2 done and he had the interior looking like an overstuffed sofa, one of the ones with big folds in the top. I hated to do it but I told him that was not going to fit the look of the car, so he tore it all out and came up with this one. It will do until it gets worn a little, but my plans are to have it redone by a shop that knows hot rod interiors and who will do a proper roll and pleat job, and roll the top up slightly onto the top of the body.

Don

Chopzini one thing with seat style like Dons so low not good if You are 6'1" like Me your knees will wrap around steering wheel. Better to have seat up some like LumenAl or Track-T not on floor.

putz said:
Chopzini one thing with seat style like Dons so low not good if You are 6'1" like Me your knees will wrap around steering wheel. Better to have seat up some like LumenAl or Track-T not on floor.
That is one thing I dont have to worry about lol I am 5'6" really like that red looks awesome!!!!

Don, I've been looking at your thread in "Hot Rod Club" and lovin them! You and your boys and the attack trained watch cats are an inspiration to all of us! Keep up the good work. John

At present, my interior is temporary and okay, but I have ordered some new material and I have been checking out different interiors. I think I have a good, sensible plan of attack and will be redoing mine in about 2 weeks. If it pans out like I think it will, it will really be something.

Naturally, I'll post pics in the hope someone else on a budget can learn from it. Or.... it will fail and I will have spent my money foolishly. Gosh! learning and trying things sure is like walking in a mine field.:rolleyes:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back